You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

17 hours ago, sir roger said:

I think we can safely say that Timo is ' keeping his options open '

I think we can safely say that Timo desperately wants to come here, and is hoping and hoping that we will give his agent a call and make an offer.

The rest of it is just in case we never come in for him. He can't very well say "I love Klopp, I'm a huge Liverpool fan and want to get a YNWA tattoo" and then we don't make an offer so he has to show up at Old Trafford with his tail between his legs, can he?

2 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I think we can safely say that Timo desperately wants to come here, and is hoping and hoping that we will give his agent a call and make an offer.

The rest of it is just in case we never come in for him. He can't very well say "I love Klopp, I'm a huge Liverpool fan and want to get a YNWA tattoo" and then we don't make an offer so he has to show up at Old Trafford with his tail between his legs, can he?

This, absolutely 

Providing no one we actually want to keep leaves our first XI is this.

Allison. TAA. VVD. Gomez. Robertson. Fabinho. Henderson. Wijnaldum. 
Salah. Firmino. Mane. 

Not including the kids the next lot of players are good, or passable depending on your point of view. Matip. Milner. AOC? Minamino too early to tell.

Not good enough, not offering anything or simply requiring upgrades.

Adrian. Clyne. Lovren. Keita ( unfortunately) Lallana. Shaqiri. Origi. Grujic. Wilson.

A couple of first team starters and a handful of backups needed. Not knee jerk, just an accumulation of contracts, injuries and lack of ability.

Grabara. Hoever. Williams. Jones. Elliott. All talented. Brewster?

We are looking at a good few bob coming in for those players and need a decent chunk to add. Come on Mr Edwards. Win the League then let’s get the lot sorted.

Milner might leave as it looks like Leeds will come up. Think Keita is finished here now, wasnt even in the squad last night. Once Allison comes back Adrian wont play again and Lovren after his last performance is gone as well. A lot of big earners will be off the wage bill. 

Not sure about Brewster as he doesnt look yet like he's this amazingly talented individual everyone thought he would be. 

It does feel like we aren’t signing Werner.  If we were I think he’d be silent in the press.  The fact he’s talking so much suggests we aren’t in discussions with him and he’s trying to talk the transfer up by getting up our arse and then threatening to go elsewhere.

As daft as it sounds, with having the record in the league we have, it does look like we need a bit of a refresh particularly in the front line and Werner looks the right fit and the right money.

4 hours ago, The Guest said:

It does feel like we aren’t signing Werner.  If we were I think he’d be silent in the press.  The fact he’s talking so much suggests we aren’t in discussions with him and he’s trying to talk the transfer up by getting up our arse and then threatening to go elsewhere.

As daft as it sounds, with having the record in the league we have, it does look like we need a bit of a refresh particularly in the front line and Werner looks the right fit and the right money.

Why does it feel like that? We'd be fucking mad not to sign someone. Firmino has struggled all season. Of late Salah and mane look tired. The work rate our front 3 put in and their international commitments ( both in season and out) we'd be mad to go again with this 3 alone. We have to buy some better backup, someone who's not a drop off and can allow them to rotate. Werner has done nothing but flutter his eyes at us and the local press have done nothing to play that down. 

Edit... I'm yet to see what the fuss is about him through. Every time I watch him he's anonymous.