You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

Sogn him back, pay ourselves the bonus.

City book keepers like this idea

Sergio Augero to New York City FC for 75ml, loaned back to City for a flat 2m a year fee and 20% of wages paid

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

I don't know how anyone could have made a definitive judgement on Alberto at Liverpool. He played like 3 games total. 

This

Him and Aspas have both done well since they left and showed why the scouting department bought them

He'd be too expensive for how often we'd need him.

But him, or even Suso or someone similar for considerably less money, for the last 15/20 minutes of games against sides camped on the edge of their penalty box would make sense.

A lot of the time we don't need that type of player. Our midfield just overwhelms teams, the full backs provide the width, VVD plays as a playmaker from centreback, and the front three stick it in the net, but...when they're all fucking knackered, from playing every minute of every game, it becomes much easier to defend against. In those situations it would be nice to be able to bring someone on with a bit of creativity. Someone who probably shouldn't be playing 90 minutes, and would benefit from playing against tiring defences.

It doesn't need to be a 80/100m pound player. 

On 08/03/2020 at 11:38, 3 Stacks said:

Liverpool are looking at a deal to sign Anderlecht attacker Jeremy Doku, according to reports in Belgium.

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Liverpool are looking at a deal to sign Anderlecht attacker Jeremy Doku, according to reports in Belgium.

Didn't Anakin Skywalker kill him in Episode 3

• Upvote 7

Why is anyone is going to buy Luis Alberto for £69m?

Not even remotely plausible, possible, or probably legal, and definitely not ethical or moral. 

I'm convinced that there is some sort of mafia-based fantasy-football thing going on, where the sons of mobsters get to be professional footballers who just become these journey-men loan signings forever.

"Yeah sure we'll take your son on the books, but we can't guarantee we'll play him, and he'll be on low wages". 

Case in point, this bloke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davide_Di_Gennaro

Anyway, Italy is full of Covid bastards, are we looking at a possible fire-sale situation about to happen in Serie A if players feel their contracts are a hazard to their, and their family's, safety? 

On 08/03/2020 at 15:51, joe_fishfish said:

Has Alberto learned to run while he's been in Serie A? Probably the slowest player I've ever seen in a red shirt.

Not saying he's shit or anything, he is obviously class, but he probably isn't the right sort of player for us right now.

Christian Poulsen says hello.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

John Henry likes this.

bill-gates-new-yacht-is-hydrogen-powered

Is that his new yacht that can spend an entire year afloat at sea to avoid the Coronavirus outbreak?

Timo Werner ‘torn between Liverpool, Manchester United and Man City’ as striker reveals summer transfer window dilemma

Speaking ahead of Leipzig’s Champions League last-16 clash with Tottenham, the in-demand frontman said: “At this time in professional soccer there are two different variations.

“The first is to be part of a team like Liverpool or Manchester City. They have a good working team. The teams have also great coaches.

“But this is the question: do you want to go to that kind of team, because the situation is already that hard for each member and you want to be a part of it? That’s one point you have to look at.

“The other side are teams which need some big changes, because they just won a few big titles, but they are not able to compete on the highest level anymore. For me, Manchester United is one of these teams.”

However, Werner also opened the door to remain at Leipzig and help his current club become ‘something great’.

The Red Bull-backed outfit are only competing in their fourth ever season in the Bundesliga but have quickly established themselves as genuine challengers for the title.

They currently sit third in the table, just five points adrift of leaders Bayern Munich, while victory over Spurs on Tuesday night will see them through to the Champions League quarter-finals for the first time in their history.

He added: “At this point of my career I’m asking myself: do I want to be part of a new team, to build up something new, or do I want to stay at my team and make something great?”

1 minute ago, Skrtel Milk said:

Timo Werner ‘torn between Liverpool, Manchester United and Man City’ as striker reveals summer transfer window dilemma

Speaking ahead of Leipzig’s Champions League last-16 clash with Tottenham, the in-demand frontman said: “At this time in professional soccer there are two different variations.

“The first is to be part of a team like Liverpool or Manchester City. They have a good working team. The teams have also great coaches.

“But this is the question: do you want to go to that kind of team, because the situation is already that hard for each member and you want to be a part of it? That’s one point you have to look at.

“The other side are teams which need some big changes, because they just won a few big titles, but they are not able to compete on the highest level anymore. For me, Manchester United is one of these teams.”

However, Werner also opened the door to remain at Leipzig and help his current club become ‘something great’.

The Red Bull-backed outfit are only competing in their fourth ever season in the Bundesliga but have quickly established themselves as genuine challengers for the title.

They currently sit third in the table, just five points adrift of leaders Bayern Munich, while victory over Spurs on Tuesday night will see them through to the Champions League quarter-finals for the first time in their history.

He added: “At this point of my career I’m asking myself: do I want to be part of a new team, to build up something new, or do I want to stay at my team and make something great?”

Fuck him.