You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Seems like the best place to post this whopper: Darren Bent: “When someone like Paul Pogba comes available on the market, and let’s not forget he’s only 26, there’s going to be so many takers.

“It wouldn’t surprise me if teams like Manchester City come in for him. I can see him getting in Liverpool’s team too.” https://t.co/wm1fnv4OUi

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The Echo saying that the club will accept bids of around £25m for Shaqiri in the summer.

It would seem before they've all fucked off on holiday, they've all sat down and discussed the future ahead of planning for next season. First we've lallana with his bunch of links, there's the Adrian stories and now this. I can't say I'm surprised with these (well maybe Adrian), I expect them to be joined by lovren too. I think we've already replace Shaq with minamino. Jones will replace lallana. And we've had a few links to the guy in Turkey to replace Adrian. I would not be amazed if we settled the futures of a few loan players and that was about it this summer. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

It would seem before they've all fucked off on holiday, they've all sat down and discussed the future ahead of planning for next season. First we've lallana with his bunch of links, there's the Adrian stories and now this. I can't say I'm surprised with these (well maybe Adrian), I expect them to be joined by lovren too. I think we've already replace Shaq with minamino. Jones will replace lallana. And we've had a few links to the guy in Turkey to replace Adrian. I would not be amazed if we settled the futures of a few loan players and that was about it this summer. 

Another article in the Echo saying 3 players from the youth team will save Liverpool a fortune. 

Neco Williams will "replace" Clyne and be back up to Trent. Also Gomez can concentrate on being a centre back. 

Curtis Jones to replace Lallana as you have said.

Hoever to be 4th choice centre back. So Lovren might not be replaced with a new signing.

I dont mind to be honest as Hoever looks good and captains the national team at his age level. 

12 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Another article in the Echo saying 3 players from the youth team will save Liverpool a fortune. 

Neco Williams will "replace" Clyne and be back up to Trent. Also Gomez can concentrate on being a centre back. 

Hoever to be 4th choice centre back. So Lovren might not be replaced with a new signing.

I dont mind to be honest as Hoever looks good and captains the national team at his age level. 

Yeah, I thought hoever or the other Dutch kid would get that chance. To be honest, I don't like relying on kids with almost no games, we've looked thin at the back a few times this season. I think Williams has done enough to get a chance, but I don't think anyone at centre back has. I'm happy for Gomez to concentrate on centre back too, his injuries have all come at times he's been playing full back and maybe his body is better served at centre back. 

As we've also seen with Brewster this season, you can talk kids up as much as you like, but the reality is some of them are just nowhere near this level physically. 

23 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Makes lots of sense.

31 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Oh aye, how do you figure that one?

He has a laid-back style of play that has a slowness to it. It turns me off. If he develops correctly, he's a player for a possession based side like City or Barcelona, but I don't see it for us. Not even near good enough right now for the kind of fee being mooted about either. 

Sancho on the other hand is unbelievable. I'd pay 100+m for him the first day of the transfer window. 

12 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

For the first time in a long time, I don't even look at potential signings I just trust us to buy the right player and Klopp to work his magic.

It isn't gonna last forever, so let's enjoy it whilst it does

Everything he touches turns to gold, so even if he bought Ali Dia I'd think "Klopp sees something there."

• Upvote 1

Be a interesting summer. 

The club won't want to block the kids but will need to be careful with the ACON in the middle of the year. And expecting the  European players to run themselves into the ground after the Euros will be difficult 

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

421yUXV.gif?noredirect

EDIT: Said it plenty of times since but this is one o the greatest gifs in football and sums this club up and our supporters to a tee. Every ground he has played at in the world its the Messi show and kids and even adults are launching themselves on the pitch to kiss him/get a pic/get a shirt/worship him....

Welcome to Anfield. 

EDIT AGAIN: Hahahaha never clocked her before but get on the steward pissing herself. 

Hendo also on his knees praising the crowd to add to the summing up of the club. 

• Upvote 1