You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

What’s occurring?

Out: Lallana, Shaqiri, Lovren

Fantasy in: Mbappe

Actually in: Replacements for Lovren & Lallana. That’s working on the assumption that Minamino is taking Shaq’s squad place. Cover at full back. 

Possibly one marquee signing? Or have Mickey E and the boys identified someone else in the £30m-£50m bracket that Klopp will turn into a superstar by Christmas?

This is gonna be the most interesting window in a while. I think a young left back, a young central midfielder and a CB to replace Lovren are pretty likely. I also think, looking at the AFCON thing positively, it's well set up for us to sign a forward, ease him in slowly and then when Salah and Mane go in January, that player would have his chance to shine. 

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Grujic will be like a new signing.

We’ll sell him, Big Div, Power Cube, release Lallana, reluctantly allow Gini to go, then fire Lovren in to the sun and ship out a few young ones who ain’t making it here.

We’ll then buy Werner, Havertz, Carlos and Tonali, and somehow, once wages and transfer fees are factored in, make a profit.

We’ll also get 115 points next season.

Because we’re fucking boss.

8 hours ago, m0e said:

There's no way we sign a midfielder with Curtis Jones now ready.

Not sure I agree with that, Moe. I don’t think Jones is ready to be a starting player. I also think that we’ve not really replaced the creativity of Coutinho. I think we could well get a couple of midfielders. 

5 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Not sure I agree with that, Moe. I don’t think Jones is ready to be a starting player. I also think that we’ve not really replaced the creativity of Coutinho. I think we could well get a couple of midfielders. 

Yeah, Jones isn't ready to start.  He'll likely only be taking Lallana's place in the squad though, and he's plenty good enough for that.

TAA > Coutinho

4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Juve offering £150m for Van Dijk allegedly. I wonder how long they want him on loan for?

That's from the rag, so I don't think we should pay any attention to it. 

As for the window, I expect lallana, lovren and Shaq to go. I think we will only directly replace lovren. Lallana will be replaced from the squad - Jones or Gruic (or both). I think we've already got shaqs replacement in minamino. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see mane or Salah to go either. If they do, I'd expect us to spend to replace them. 

Aside from that I don't see anything happening aside from gamble kid signings.