Quantcast
The Nostalgia Thread. - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

The Nostalgia Thread.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Proper fucking numbers!

Haha yes, don't forget though there weren't many good players around then and looking at both team sheets I have to agree, as if, good times. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Became my favourite player for a while, I was gutted that I wasn't left footed.

Great player. I said in the Souness thread that he made great players like Terry Mac, Ray Kennedy and Ronnie Whelan look ordinary. That's no slight on them. Souness was just different class.

• Upvote 1

When did numbers change?  I'm not sure when it started in Internationals, Sir Roger No 21 is the first one I look for in old clips etc. but can't recall when squad numbers came in, but thinking on as I write didn't Shankly move things around at first? 

8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Better check your Ma hasn't taped over them To.'

Ha ha. They’re long gone, Vlad. Have some on DVD but never got round to getting all of them.

5 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Ha ha. They’re long gone, Vlad. Have some on DVD but never got round to getting all of them.

Ha, could never figure out how to work our DVD player so didnt have many DVDs. Too many fucking remotes to switch this on, that off, change channel etc. And dont get me started on all the different size batteries each one had.

On 18/05/2020 at 21:28, easytoslip said:

IMG_20200425_163908.jpg

IMG_20200425_163859.jpg

Just incase anyone is interested how the game went here’s the Guardian match report...

Not sure who the ref is at the Everton game but I imagine he got (and still gets) the fume...

GuardianMatchReport-1974-12-26-mancheste

• Upvote 2

On 19/05/2020 at 12:13, easytoslip said:

When did numbers change?  I'm not sure when it started in Internationals, Sir Roger No 21 is the first one I look for in old clips etc. but can't recall when squad numbers came in, but thinking on as I write didn't Shankly move things around at first? 

Ask the shite, pretty sure it will be another of there first to do something