You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Nostalgia Thread.

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Became my favourite player for a while, I was gutted that I wasn't left footed.

Great player. I said in the Souness thread that he made great players like Terry Mac, Ray Kennedy and Ronnie Whelan look ordinary. That's no slight on them. Souness was just different class.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Ha ha. They’re long gone, Vlad. Have some on DVD but never got round to getting all of them.

Ha, could never figure out how to work our DVD player so didnt have many DVDs. Too many fucking remotes to switch this on, that off, change channel etc. And dont get me started on all the different size batteries each one had.

On 18/05/2020 at 21:28, easytoslip said:

IMG_20200425_163908.jpg

IMG_20200425_163859.jpg

Just incase anyone is interested how the game went here’s the Guardian match report...

Not sure who the ref is at the Everton game but I imagine he got (and still gets) the fume...

GuardianMatchReport-1974-12-26-mancheste

• Upvote 2

On 19/05/2020 at 12:13, easytoslip said:

When did numbers change?  I'm not sure when it started in Internationals, Sir Roger No 21 is the first one I look for in old clips etc. but can't recall when squad numbers came in, but thinking on as I write didn't Shankly move things around at first? 

Ask the shite, pretty sure it will be another of there first to do something

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 18/05/2020 at 21:30, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Proper fucking numbers!

When was the last time we were able to field a team numbered 1 to 11?

[Edit] 2019/20

1.  Alisson 

2.  Clyne 

6.  Lovren

4.  van Dijk 

7.  Milner 

3.  Fabinho

5.  Wijnaldum 

8.  Keita 

9.  Firmino 

10.  Mané 

11.  Salah