You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Curtis Jones - What are you?

TheHowieLama

34 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

The way he glides around the pitch and his short sharp passes reminds me of Pirlo, massive call I know but it’s how it is for me, not comparing them but he just reminds me of him the way he moves.

Woah there slow your horses right fucking down. 

The lad can't even grow a tache 

15 hours ago, clockspeed said:

To answer opening post .

Better than Keita. 

Better than Ox.

Potentially better than Stevie (Gerrard and mcmanamen) wrong spelling 

Mental post. At 19 Gerrard was an absolute monster and we were the envy of the word for having him. Jones is a fantastic talent but let's not get carried away.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, The Guest said:

It’s a great run slightly reminiscent of Gerrard against Sheff Wed.  The difference being Gerrard slotted obviously.  He’s got the world at his feet and the most important thing for me is that it appears he’s listening to the manager and the coaches because he’s developing quicker and quicker.  He’s a better dribbler than Gerrard was at his age but that’s literally it for me.  Gerrard is the best centre midfielder the premier league has seen so it’s no great shame.

What abooot wee Scholesy? 

• Upvote 1

Again, so much of this is down to Klopp.

When he first emerged, Jones just looked like a lightweight kid with a nice touch who wouldn't really impact on games. He's improved vastly in the last two years, getting loads of opportunities with the first team as a result. Too many lads never make that progression and if they do, there's still a reticence from managers to take the risk of actually playing them. 

Whatever Jurgen's being paid, there aren't enough zeros at the end of it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed a number of critical voices on here yesterday after the match. And a few people claiming there are no signs that Curtis Jones will ever be a world class player.

Stats arent everything when you judge a player, but these figures are truely remarkable. And for me they definately match my judgement on him, I think he’s already a brilliant midfielder and has the potential to be one of the best attacking or box to box midfielders in the world.

He's 19 and not looked out of place in a team that's won the CL and Premiership in the last two seasons. He's already shown he's very capable and is nowhere near his potential yet. He'll make mistakes like yesterday but any suggestion that he's not good enough is absolute bollocks.

• Upvote 1

He wasn’t great yesterday but who was ? He’s a kid he’ll learn from his mistake on Sunday that you can’t afford to be casual no matter who the opposition.

I think gaining a lot of plaudits these past few weeks can work against a young lad in top level football I guess that’s when you need a Ronnie Moran, Joe Fagan type figure in training to bring you right back down to Earth,,,