You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Curtis Jones - What are you?

TheHowieLama

5 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Unhappy? Really? Made up but let’s not go overboard about the goal.

What a goal that was last night. I'm serious. You can't train a player to have the kind of nous he showed”

A lot of players would have given up on what looked like an overhit cross.”

Come on, it was a relatively easy finish. 

It was a very composed finish - he was our only midfielder on the pitch at the time that I think would have scored that. Maybe if Wiji was playing for the Netherlands he would have had a chance.

The difference between him and any other CM we have is he is used to scoring quite a few golas, and match winners as well.

• Upvote 1

Great talent, this lad. 

Klopp is handling him right at the moment. He's not good enough to be a regular for the time being, so we should be keep rotating him in and out (injuries permitting) and letting him build experience and confidence. He took his goal well last night but I don't think he played as well as others are saying. He still seems on the periphery at times, and he's got so much more he can give when he's on the ball.

You can see though that he's keen to work hard and they've clearly been working on improving his positional play. He also seems to carry a natural goal threat which is in contrast to most of our other midfielders. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Michael Owen was full of praise for the finish. Now I know he's not the most popular on here but it is interesting when he talks about forward play and putting the ball in the net, he knows his onions.

Loves us these days does Owen, he's come home.

3 hours ago, Crazy Dave said:

He also seems to carry a natural goal threat which is in contrast to most of our other midfielders. 

This is something we're really missing too. He's probably our best offensive midfielder, in terms of potential to score anyway. Long way to go and still loads of room for improvement, but he's looking good to me. He doesn't play like he feels out of place, plus he's got the physical attributes apart from a bit of pace. He's basically been fast-tracked into the role of regular starter in midfield and he's coped really well. Not even 20 yet either. 

The best thing he's done is show he's up to it physically. He has presence and a good engine which is essential in modern football. If he can marry that with creativity, we're on to something. The game yesterday was the first time he really showed that at a high level. Good sign. 

• Upvote 1

He is still holding the ball a second or 2 longer than he needs, because of that teams are able cut out the passing lanes meaning he has to go backwards with alot of his passes.

The good thing is he is no longer looking out of place on the field. Once he leads to move that ball quicker he will be a hell of an asset.

Starting to look a player this lad, I'll admit I hadn't seen what the fuss was about in some of his early appearances but with a run under his belt he looks to have real potential, solid, direct, good with both feet. I'd already have him in the side ahead of Oxlaide Chamberlain and Keita to be honest.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Section_31 said:

Starting to look a player this lad, I'll admit I hadn't seen what the fuss was about in some of his early appearances but with a run under his belt he looks to have real potential, solid, direct, good with both feet. I'd already have him in the side ahead of Oxlaide Chamberlain and Keita to be honest.

No question about it. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Thats the main thing. He isn't a starter in a fully fit side but if he can keep solid performances up he can be a world beater in a few years