You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Curtis Jones - What are you?

TheHowieLama

It's been disgraceful that Liverpool have failed to locate any locals in recent times. The idea that there wasn't one teenager in a football-mad city capable of playing for a team that was struggling to make the top four was a damning indictment of the Academy. Now they have found two who look at home in the best team in the world. Just champion.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, deiseach said:

It's been disgraceful that Liverpool have failed to locate any locals in recent times. The idea that there wasn't one teenager in a football-mad city capable of playing for a team that was struggling to make the top four was a damning indictment of the Academy. Now they have found two who look at home in the best team in the world. Just champion.

And they have coincided with our best manager for decades too. A coincidence,or not?

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I like the fact he can play on the left as well as central, I'd have him ahead of Origi at the moment who offers next to nothing when used of late.  

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I like the fact he can play on the left as well as central, I'd have him ahead of Origi at the moment who offers next to nothing when used of late.  

Origi is an enigma. There is obviously something there but he just doesn't seem to have the intelligence to provide his ability consistently,or at all of late.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Origi is an enigma. There is obviously something there but he just doesn't seem to have the intelligence to provide his ability consistently,or at all of late.

No issue with him being fifth in line up front, but should never be first cab on the rank.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
12 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

No issue with him being fifth in line up front, but should never be first cab on the rank.

He just looks so languid when he plays. He has the pace to beat players but rarely uses it these days. Normally he just turns inside and looks for contact so he can go down and slows the pace of our attacks down. No doubting that the lad has popped up with important goals, he's just bang average most of the time. Ings would have been far better cover. 

16 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Full of energy and confidence from the minute he got on.

Everything went through him in the build up to his goal - and lets face it, if that chance falls to Wiji or Henderson they fluff it 9 times out of 10.

• 2 weeks later...

The new No17 is what he is.

Curtis Jones to wear No.17 for the Reds from next season

He's switching to that number from next season. The No2 shirt is vacant, and if Lovren goes, the No6 will be vacant too. Perhaps Trent can switch to one of those - maybe No2 - as if the Thiago rumours are genuine and we do indeed go for him, he'd likely take the No6 shirt.

Trent should stick with 66 for his career. Jones hasn’t established himself in the team so switching numbers now is no issue, but Trent has made his way into my all time XI in the three seasons he’s been playing, all of which time he’s been number 66 and the only number 66 I know of in all of world football. 

it looks cool, and it’s his, so why change.

22 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I fucking hate squad numbers, always have and always will. The 11 on the field should be 1 to 11.

Why?

What if a players favourite number or lucky number is 12,

What's wrong with a player wearing a number 15 or 20 for example?

• 4 months later...

Thought he was much improved in the middle yesterday. He still can try to overplay at times but his work rate and the defensive side of his game is noticeably improving. His trajectory is going the right way. Physically he looks strong as well which is good for a lad of his age.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Elite said:

Thought he was much improved in the middle yesterday. He still can try to overplay at times but his work rate and the defensive side of his game is noticeably improving. His trajectory is going the right way. Physically he looks strong as well which is good for a lad of his age.

Yeah last night was a real coming of age performance for him, he will obviously have his ups and downs due to his age but signs are he is going in the right direction and he will get alot of game time this season.

• Upvote 3

On 22/07/2020 at 11:35, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

Why?

What if a players favourite number or lucky number is 12,

What's wrong with a player wearing a number 15 or 20 for example?

Squad numbers are entirely bullshit, but part of me would have respect for the first player to insist on wearing \pi, i, or their name spelt in binary. 

• Upvote 1

On 22/07/2020 at 11:35, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

Why? - That’s why

What if a players favourite number or lucky number is 12? - And what?

What's wrong with a player wearing a number 15 or 20 for example? - It’s fucking shite