You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (H) - Premier League - 1/2/2020 - 15:00

Bjornebye

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Stickman said:

22 points....Fuck me incredible...

Merson was good on a Soccer Saturday first of all for defending Klopp over his cup decision but then saying that this team aren’t getting the credit they deserve for posting some of the most incredible numbers he’s even seen ....

And he’s right

Performance-wise, we don't outplay the opposition like some of the best of all time. But results-wise, we are among the best teams in football history. 

All you’ll hear about is how unlucky Saints were blah blah blah....But what we did is what great teams from Liverpool in their pomp to Utd...The number of times you’d see Utd being outplayed first half thinking to yourself they’re gonna lose then flip over 20 mins into the second half and it’s 2-0 to them....If Southampton had scored first we’d have just upped the tempo 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Performance-wise, we don't outplay the opposition like some of the best of all time. But results-wise, we are among the best teams in football history. 

I think our in game management is brilliant. Think jurgen knows there is no point winning 3 games 5-0 if we then draw a game. The team has evolved from when we won plaudits for our play 2 years ago, into a more ruthless winning machine 

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Second game this week I've watched from my hospital bed, despite two sloppy performances by our standards some strong and great drugs have kept me amazingly calm. (TBf I can't really remember much from the WH game apart from we were better than WH by far and never really had to leave 2nd gear. Southampton gave us a good game today but we kind of blew them away in the second half. How that wasn't a pen on Bobby is beyond me, so much for LiVARpool eh. 

Mane injured, Ox just slips in to the team and scores as well. Mo, Bobby, Gomez, Ox, Allison and Henderson were massive this week, Henderson has been massive since the start of December as well. Not into watching football on a mobile phone like, 2Gb a game gone and my fucking eyes feel like I've poured sand into them. Ah well, have some dinner then a power nap. 6 days without a tab so far, although I know I#ll have one tomorrow when I can actually get out of the ward, for a walk of course. 

We march on,  enjoy it lads and lassies. 

12 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I think our in game management is brilliant. Think jurgen knows there is no point winning 3 games 5-0 if we then draw a game. The team has evolved from when we won plaudits for our play 2 years ago, into a more ruthless winning machine 

That's pretty much it, I don't think we're even near our best at the moment we're just so ruthless now.

• Upvote 1

I think we'll be at our best when we need to be at our best. The amazing thiing about this team is how well it economises on its energy. They do as much as they have to do in each match. That's how teams win titles, but I'm not sure any other team has done it as well as this one.

• Upvote 1