You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (H) - Premier League - 1/2/2020 - 15:00

Bjornebye

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, rotoq said:

He also said something like Stoke would finish above us when he left. silly Glen.

He also said, ‘lacksadaisy’ which wasn’t great. What actually are the qualifications required for jobs on SSN?

We're just not getting the credit we deserves, are we? It seems every fucking no mark and even robert pires has an unfavourable opinion about us. Now, I dont normally give two fucks what people think about us, they can swivel for all I care.

It now seems everyone in the media just considers us 'lucky.' That fat cunt custis is as bad as anyone. But, I listened a bit to R5 Live after the game today. First, we ere treated to Ralf saying Southampton should have had a pen 'but it's never given here.'

Post game, Im hearing whinging Southampton fans complaining they've driven 3 hours to get to Liverpool only to see their pen waved away by a homer of a ref. If that pen is given, southampton are the first team to beat Liverpool. And that despite they seem to forget there was another 45 minutes of the 2nd half to play.

Then there's Chris Sutton banging on about Liverpool being given favourable decisions at west ham, Bobby's handball(!) and now Ings' penalty that wasnt given.

Hang on a minute, just because VAR checked the penalty incident at WHU and found no handball, doesnt mean VAR has 'given' us the pen.

Now I admit I didnt have that good a view of the Ings incident (I was talking to two German lads sat next to me) but why is no one talking about a similar incident with Firmino in the first half? Everyone around me was convinced that was a pen but it wasnt given.

As for the southampton fans thinking they've become the first team to beat us, what happened to the second half? Was that forfeit if they had of been given the Ings pen and scored?

This season has shown we've come from behind to win numerous games so, I think it's presumptious to think we wouldnt have won this even if they had gone in 1 up.

So, fuck 'em. We're gonna be unbearable and we're gonna win the league. The rest of you are fighting for where you'll finish in this league. And that's nowhere.

Now credit to Southampton, they made it hard for us in the first half. And much of that was down to some slack passing and when going forward either the final ball being poor or no one accepting responsibility to shoot.

The worst was Gini when presented with a glorious opportunity to have a dig he instead elected to square the ball I think to Hendo and the opportunity lost. If he'd been playing for Holland, Im pretty damn sure Gini's having a pop at that one.

Virgil also managed to find himself in front of goal but facing the wrong way. A lovely backheel deserved more than hitting a defender and keeper.

2nd half was a totally different kettle of fish. I heard Jurgen say they showed the boys at half time what they should be doing or maybe it was just the bollocking? Within a couple of minutes of the re start it was 1-0 with Chambo rolling the ball into the open net.

Hendo got on the scoresheet with a nice finish from about 12 yards when helping out an attack. Finally Mo weighed in with 2 goals. Bobby was desparately unlucky not to get on the scoresheet when a lovely ball (by Mo?) fed him through on the keeper who managed to smother his shot.

I heard someone say hendo has scored 7 league goals this season, is that right!? What a season the boy is having. He must be made up hearing his name chanted around the ground now and the standing ovation he got when subbed.

Taki and Naby also nearly got on the scoresheet but they both seemed to get in each other's way and I think it was Taki who got the last touch on a shot that just went over the bar.

I dont know if there's any on here who still dont acknowledge it but, everyone inside Anfield seems to be on the same wavelength. We used to sing it during the 70s and 80s before the league was mathematically ours. I dont see the point in holding back now especially once we get a 2 goal lead.

Just like a team that's gonna win the football league, again! We shall not be moved! In other words, we're gonna win the league.

MoTM gets harder and harder with every game we play now but Im giving it Gomez again althoughHendo ran him a very, very close 2nd in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

We're just not getting the credit we deserves, are we? It seems every fucking no mark and even robert pires has an unfavourable opinion about us. Now, i dont normally give two fucks what people think about us, they can swivel for all I care.

It now seems everyone in the media just considers us 'lucky.' That fat cunt custis is as bad as anyone. But, I listened a bit to R5 Live after the game today. First, we ere treated to Ralf saying Southampton should have had a pen 'but it's never given here.'

Post game, Im hearing whinging Southampton fans complaining they've driven 3 hours to get to Liverpool only to see their pen waved away by a homer of a ref. If that pen is given, southampton are the first team to beat Liverpool. And that despite they seem to forget there was another 45 minutes of the 2nd half to play.

Then there's Chris Sutton banging on about Liverpool being given favourable decisions at west ham, Bobby's handball(!) and now Ings' penalty that wasnt given.

Hang on a minute, just because VAR checked the penalty incident at WHU and found no handball, doesnt mean VAR has 'given' us the pen.

Now I admit I didnt have that good a view of the Ings incident (I was talking to two German lads sat next to me) but why is no one talking about a similar incident with Firmino in the first half? Everyone around me was convinced that was a pen but it wasnt given.

As for the southampton fans thinking they've become the first team to beat us, what happened to the second half? Was that forfeit if they ha dof been given the Ings pen and scored?

This season has shown we've come from behind to win numerous games this season so, I think it's presumption to think we wouldnt have won this even if they had gone in 1 up.

So, fuck 'em. We're gonna be unbearable and we're gonna win the league. The rest of you are fighting for where you'll finish inthis league. And that's nowhere.

Now credit to Southampton, they made it hard for us in the first half. And much of that was down to some slack passing and when going forward either the final ball being poor or no one accepting responsibility to shoot.

The worst was Gini when presented with a glorious opportunity to have a dig he instead elected to square the ball I think to Hendo and the opportunity lost. If he'd beenplaying for Holland, Im pretty damn sure Gini's having a pop at that one.

Virgil also managed to find himself in front of goal but facing the wrong way. A lovely backheel deserved more than hitting a defender and keeper.

2nd half was a totally different kettle of fish. I heard Jurgen say they showed the boys at half time what they should be doing or maybe it was just the bollocking? Within a couple of minutes of the re start it was 1-0 with Chambo rolling the ball into the open net.

Hendo got on the scoresheet with a nice finish from about 12 yards when helping out an attack. Finally Mo weighed in with 2 goals. Bobby was desparately unlucky not to get on the scoresheet when a lovely ball (by Mo?) fed him through on the keeper who managed to smother his shot.

I heard someone say hendo has scored 7 league goals this season, is that right!? What a season the boy is having. He must be made up hearing his name chanted around the ground now and the standing ovation he got when subbed.

Taki and Naby also nearly got on the scoresheet but they both seemed to get in each other's way and I think it was Taki who got the last touch on a shot that just went over the bar.

I dont know if there's any on here who still dont acknowledge it but, everyone inside Anfield seems to be on the same wavelength. We used to sing it during the 70s and 80s before the league was mathematically ours. I dont see the point in holding back now especially once we get a 2 goal lead.

Just like a team that's gonna win the football league, again! We shall not be moved! In other words, we're gonna win the league.

MoTM gets harder and harder with every game we play now but Im giving it Gomez again althoughHendo ranhim a very, very close 2nd in my opinion.

To be honest, plenty of us routinely got up in arms about decisions we perceived went Man Utd's way. The truth is, to some extent, that the best team faces a level of scrutiny that others simply don’t; every infraction or questionable decision ends up being poured over and a narrative takes flight. No-one cares that Brighton and Crystal Palace have benefitted more than any other team from VAR overturns, least of all lazy journalists.

• Upvote 4