You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (H) - Premier League - 1/2/2020 - 15:00

Bjornebye

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're the best behaved supporters in the land. We're the best behaved supporters in the land, we're the best behaved supporters, best behaved supporters, best behaved supporters in the land.

We're a right shower of bastards when we lose. We're a right shower of bastards when we lose. We're a right shower of bastards, right shower of bastards, we're a right shower of bastards when we lose. Yes we are!

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

We're the best behaved supporters in the land. We're the best behaved supporters in the land, we're the best behaved supporters, best behaved supporters, best behaved supporters in the land.

We're a right shower of bastards when we lose. We're a right shower of bastards when we lose. We're a right shower of bastards, right shower of bastards, we're a right shower of bastards when we lose. Yes we are!

We're totally non-committal when we draw.

We're totally non-committal 

Totally non-committal 

Totally non-committal when we draw

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

We need to improve on today. If we play similarly we're at risk of dropping points. Unlike West Ham, Southampton have found something and they aren't scared. 

What we did against West Ham is what we've done all season: just enough to be sure of beating what's in front of you. 

No need to improve on that.

On 30/01/2020 at 10:40, 3 Stacks said:

We need to improve on today. If we play similarly we're at risk of dropping points. Unlike West Ham, Southampton have found something and they aren't scared. 

We've been in danger of dropping points a lot.

And we've only done it once.

So the pressure's off a little.

Some of the lads got 10/1 for a Saints win off someone who runs a book , which is decent really and well overpriced though now he’s giving 7/1, doubt you would get that even in the bookies tomorrow.

3 pts please to save my day and from stick and paying out myself. Tough one but I expect the job to be done.

On 30/01/2020 at 08:18, AngryofTuebrook said:

We're totally non-committal 

Totally non-committal 

Totally non-committal when we draw

There is surely nothing worse than washing sieves
With the possible exception
Of being Garth Crooks

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

The mate who runs the book said Paddy Power offering 11/1, so no confidence of a Saints win from them.

Yeah Bet Victor are going 21/2 . Seems a bit odd that it has changed completely lately. They used to offer over 20's on shit away sides( I remember Swansea being 28/1 when they beat us 3-2 at Anfield a few years back ) but never see more than 14s anymore even though we are miles better now than then.

Hoping we win the title soon as it is costing me a fortune. Made the mistake of putting a tenner on Southampton as a 'jinx' ( My betting record is shocking ) at the start of the season and scared to stop now , £150+ lighter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Yeah Bet Victor are going 21/2 . Seems a bit odd that it has changed completely lately. They used to offer over 20's on shit away sides( I remember Swansea being 28/1 when they beat us 3-2 at Anfield a few years back ) but never see more than 14s anymore even though we are miles better now than then.

Hoping we win the title soon as it is costing me a fortune. Made the mistake of putting a tenner on Southampton as a 'jinx' ( My betting record is shocking ) at the start of the season and scared to stop now , £150+ lighter.

To be honest I rarely bet on footy as it’s to fickle for me, just each season in my local I have a tenner with 3 or 4 lads in the local , all Saints fans, no draw and about 5 pints with others giving them the draw so c’mon the Redmen as it’ll ease my bar bill.

Hope your fortunes change , incidentally I’ve done 3 horses all with Red in the name later. I’ve just realised it’s not on the telly so no laugh/ anxiousness in the pub with them unless he streams it in the back bar. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

To be honest I rarely bet on footy as it’s to fickle for me, just each season in my local I have a tenner with 3 or 4 lads in the local , all Saints fans, no draw and about 5 pints with others giving them the draw so c’mon the Redmen as it’ll ease my bar bill.

Hope your fortunes change , incidentally I’ve done 3 horses all with Red in the name later. I’ve just realised it’s not on the telly so no laugh/ anxiousness in the pub with them unless he streams it in the back bar. 

Hopefully not before we win the league !!

My betting is a bit of a standing jokes with my mates. They usually ask what horses I am putting on so they can use them in a forecast as I am brilliant at picking seconds .

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Hopefully not before we win the league !!

My betting is a bit of a standing jokes with my mates. They usually ask what horses I am putting on so they can use them in a forecast as I am brilliant at picking seconds .

Haha yeah, I usually stick to trainers such as A Carroll whose in form but more P Evans, also Franny Norton when riding for the smaller stables like Mickey Quinn , also Pam Sly she’s worth noting from her small string but it’s never going to be life changing wins for me , that’s when I actually do. Each week I’m putting a couple of quid ew on Definitely Red for the National so I won’t miss that and should get a good run, hopefully.

48 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Haha yeah, I usually stick to trainers such as A Carroll whose in form but more P Evans, also Franny Norton when riding for the smaller stables like Mickey Quinn , also Pam Sly she’s worth noting from her small string but it’s never going to be life changing wins for me , that’s when I actually do. Each week I’m putting a couple of quid ew on Definitely Red for the National so I won’t miss that and should get a good run, hopefully.

A Carroll ?  Carthorses training racehorses.  Won't end well