Quantcast
The FA Cup reaction - Page 7 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WhiskeyJar

The FA Cup reaction

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Just another fan with an opinion that is better not to be put on a cesspit like Twitter.

Not really "just another fan" - she does a bit of media work, like co-hosting a phone-in with Robbie Savage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, viRdjil said:

He obviously thinks he’s got somewhere else better to be at than Anfield that weekend!

I want the manager to avoid mental burnout as much as I want the players to avoid physical burnout.

 

If he needs a week away from football, he's earned it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The club should be honest like this every year.   Pretending we had any notion of winning it in previous years, whilst charging top dollar.   Well, that was really taking the piss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:


You’re talking nonsense. The vast majority of people who are up in arms about the possibility of us playing the kids are fans of other teams with faux outrage and an axe to grind. 
 

Fuck ‘em. We’ll do what’s best for us. Maybe Jurgen will change his mind and play a few senior fringe players. Maybe he won’t. Whatever he decides I’ll support it. 

You and me against the werrrld, la!

 

Image result for young ones balowski alexei sayle

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

 

Which suggests Klopp will be sticking to his guns.  He has a right to do that and I'm sure he needs a break as much as any player, but I don't like it.  It makes us a target and only brings more pressure.  I don't think Anfield will be anywhere near full even at those prices which isn't great for Shrewsbury and isn't a great look for us. 

Time will tell if Klopp has called this right. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To all the people moaning about Klopp saying he'll sit this one out and hand the duties over to Critchley, ponder this for a moment.

 

You head up a large project at your company, and have been working flat out on it for well over a year. You've been at the company for almost 5 years and have gain the trust and support of everyone around you as you've built up a track record for continuous improvement of everyone around you.

 

You've made significant strides, partly thanks to sacrificing a fair amount of time off, to the point where you and your company are now thought to be the world leader in the field. You've even had to do it while a few of your best employees are seconded to another department at inopportune times. You've had a couple of side projects clash in terms of their timing, handing the slack for one of them to a trusted colleague. You've chosen to oversee the other because it represents a big opportunity for your company and will go a long way towards making your main project a success.

 

A few months ago, you booked a holiday from work, planning a short trip to somewhere nice in February. It's the only time you could fit in a break even though you really wanted it earlier. It's a break that will help you take a step back and recharge before allowing you to renew focus on your main goal. You've already spoken with colleagues to manage the project in your absence so everything carries on a normal as possible, just as you did with one of those side projects a couple of months ago.

 

It's February and you're now on said holiday, when your boss rings you up and summons you back home to work on a little side project that's been dropped on your desk. Your boss has done this because he/she has had pressure from higher up.

 

How do YOU deal with that situation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Moo said:

Which suggests Klopp will be sticking to his guns.  He has a right to do that and I'm sure he needs a break as much as any player, but I don't like it.  It makes us a target and only brings more pressure.  I don't think Anfield will be anywhere near full even at those prices which isn't great for Shrewsbury and isn't a great look for us. 

Time will tell if Klopp has called this right. 

I'd be surprised if it isn't a full house or damn near it

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Trumo said:

To all the people moaning about Klopp saying he'll sit this one out and hand the duties over to Critchley, ponder this for a moment.

 

You head up a large project at your company, and have been working flat out on it for well over a year. You've been at the company for almost 5 years and have gain the trust and support of everyone around you as you've built up a track record for continuous improvement of everyone around you.

 

You've made significant strides, partly thanks to sacrificing a fair amount of time off, to the point where you and your company are now thought to be the world leader in the field. You've even had to do it while a few of your best employees are seconded to another department at inopportune times. You've had a couple of side projects clash in terms of their timing, handing the slack for one of them to a trusted colleague. You've chosen to oversee the other because it represents a big opportunity for your company and will go a long way towards making your main project a success.

 

A few months ago, you booked a holiday from work, planning a short trip to somewhere nice in February. It's the only time you could fit in a break even though you really wanted it earlier. It's a break that will help you take a step back and recharge before allowing you to renew focus on your main goal. You've already spoken with colleagues to manage the project in your absence so everything carries on a normal as possible, just as you did with one of those side projects a couple of months ago.

 

It's February and you're now on said holiday, when your boss rings you up and summons you back home to work on a little side project that's been dropped on your desk. Your boss has done this because he/she has had pressure from higher up.

 

How do YOU deal with that situation?

You make sure you beat Shrewsbury. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You make sure you beat Shrewsbury. 

Some people wont be satisfied until the first team players all run out of gas in the 70th minute of a league game and get caught by some shite reffing decision or once in a million worldie strike that costs us 3 points, home or away. Then it's all 'why the fuck did Jurgen play everyone against shrewsbury?'

 

If only football was so predictable, Id have won the pools every week.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Prepare for the inevitable 'this is taking money away from Shrewsbury' brigade.

The club could pre-empt this by giving Shrewsbury a slightly larger share of the gate receipts money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

I thought Everton would decide that issue, being the moral guardians of the game?

If they decided the outcome we're out of everything and our ground blown up. They'd also want to replace us in each competition of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Prepare for the inevitable 'this is taking money away from Shrewsbury' brigade.


Some of them whining about it already, despite their club’s involvement in setting the prices. PILCH in particular is whining little cat noncer if I ever read one.

 

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/99935/liverpool-replay?page=3

 

And Peter Moore’s tweet.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Prepare for the inevitable 'this is taking money away from Shrewsbury' brigade.

Yeah. They'd rather we charge full price for a game when it's been declared a U23 side will play so they can complain we're ripping Shrewsbury fans off. Oh wait....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

If they decided the outcome we're out of everything and our ground blown up. They'd also want to replace us in each competition of course.

Well they had the chance in the last round the weapons.

 

If they werent so shite we wouldnt be in this mess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Some people wont be satisfied until the first team players all run out of gas in the 70th minute of a league game and get caught by some shite reffing decision or once in a million worldie strike that costs us 3 points, home or away. Then it's all 'why the fuck did Jurgen play everyone against shrewsbury?'

 

If only football was so predictable, Id have won the pools every week.

 

 

Thats not what I'm saying at all. Read Trumos post then read my response. If he was dead set on a week break knowing a replay would cause all this mess then just win the game. To be honest I can't blame Jurgen because he put the right side out who should have won that game. I bet he is fucking fuming with the side. Might be different if they had gone 2 up and we had clawed it back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats not what I'm saying at all. Read Trumos post then read my response. If he was dead set on a week break knowing a replay would cause all this mess then just win the game. To be honest I can't blame Jurgen because he put the right side out who should have won that game. I bet he is fucking fuming with the side. Might be different if they had gone 2 up and we had clawed it back. 

He did try and win the game! Did you see how bobbly that pitch was? The fact is we could have put out the first team and still have ended up with a 2-2 draw. Shit happens in the cup.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×