You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The FA Cup reaction

WhiskeyJar

11 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You’re talking nonsense. The vast majority of people who are up in arms about the possibility of us playing the kids are fans of other teams with faux outrage and an axe to grind. 

Fuck ‘em. We’ll do what’s best for us. Maybe Jurgen will change his mind and play a few senior fringe players. Maybe he won’t. Whatever he decides I’ll support it. 

You and me against the werrrld, la!

Image result for young ones balowski alexei sayle

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Which suggests Klopp will be sticking to his guns.  He has a right to do that and I'm sure he needs a break as much as any player, but I don't like it.  It makes us a target and only brings more pressure.  I don't think Anfield will be anywhere near full even at those prices which isn't great for Shrewsbury and isn't a great look for us. 

Time will tell if Klopp has called this right. 

• Upvote 1

To all the people moaning about Klopp saying he'll sit this one out and hand the duties over to Critchley, ponder this for a moment.

You head up a large project at your company, and have been working flat out on it for well over a year. You've been at the company for almost 5 years and have gain the trust and support of everyone around you as you've built up a track record for continuous improvement of everyone around you.

You've made significant strides, partly thanks to sacrificing a fair amount of time off, to the point where you and your company are now thought to be the world leader in the field. You've even had to do it while a few of your best employees are seconded to another department at inopportune times. You've had a couple of side projects clash in terms of their timing, handing the slack for one of them to a trusted colleague. You've chosen to oversee the other because it represents a big opportunity for your company and will go a long way towards making your main project a success.

A few months ago, you booked a holiday from work, planning a short trip to somewhere nice in February. It's the only time you could fit in a break even though you really wanted it earlier. It's a break that will help you take a step back and recharge before allowing you to renew focus on your main goal. You've already spoken with colleagues to manage the project in your absence so everything carries on a normal as possible, just as you did with one of those side projects a couple of months ago.

It's February and you're now on said holiday, when your boss rings you up and summons you back home to work on a little side project that's been dropped on your desk. Your boss has done this because he/she has had pressure from higher up.

How do YOU deal with that situation?

19 minutes ago, Moo said:

Which suggests Klopp will be sticking to his guns.  He has a right to do that and I'm sure he needs a break as much as any player, but I don't like it.  It makes us a target and only brings more pressure.  I don't think Anfield will be anywhere near full even at those prices which isn't great for Shrewsbury and isn't a great look for us. 

Time will tell if Klopp has called this right. 

I'd be surprised if it isn't a full house or damn near it

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Trumo said:

To all the people moaning about Klopp saying he'll sit this one out and hand the duties over to Critchley, ponder this for a moment.

You head up a large project at your company, and have been working flat out on it for well over a year. You've been at the company for almost 5 years and have gain the trust and support of everyone around you as you've built up a track record for continuous improvement of everyone around you.

You've made significant strides, partly thanks to sacrificing a fair amount of time off, to the point where you and your company are now thought to be the world leader in the field. You've even had to do it while a few of your best employees are seconded to another department at inopportune times. You've had a couple of side projects clash in terms of their timing, handing the slack for one of them to a trusted colleague. You've chosen to oversee the other because it represents a big opportunity for your company and will go a long way towards making your main project a success.

A few months ago, you booked a holiday from work, planning a short trip to somewhere nice in February. It's the only time you could fit in a break even though you really wanted it earlier. It's a break that will help you take a step back and recharge before allowing you to renew focus on your main goal. You've already spoken with colleagues to manage the project in your absence so everything carries on a normal as possible, just as you did with one of those side projects a couple of months ago.

It's February and you're now on said holiday, when your boss rings you up and summons you back home to work on a little side project that's been dropped on your desk. Your boss has done this because he/she has had pressure from higher up.

How do YOU deal with that situation?

You make sure you beat Shrewsbury. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You make sure you beat Shrewsbury. 

Some people wont be satisfied until the first team players all run out of gas in the 70th minute of a league game and get caught by some shite reffing decision or once in a million worldie strike that costs us 3 points, home or away. Then it's all 'why the fuck did Jurgen play everyone against shrewsbury?'

If only football was so predictable, Id have won the pools every week.

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Prepare for the inevitable 'this is taking money away from Shrewsbury' brigade.

Some of them whining about it already, despite their club’s involvement in setting the prices. PILCH in particular is whining little cat noncer if I ever read one.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/99935/liverpool-replay?page=3

And Peter Moore’s tweet.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

If they decided the outcome we're out of everything and our ground blown up. They'd also want to replace us in each competition of course.

Well they had the chance in the last round the weapons.

If they werent so shite we wouldnt be in this mess

45 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Some people wont be satisfied until the first team players all run out of gas in the 70th minute of a league game and get caught by some shite reffing decision or once in a million worldie strike that costs us 3 points, home or away. Then it's all 'why the fuck did Jurgen play everyone against shrewsbury?'

If only football was so predictable, Id have won the pools every week.

Thats not what I'm saying at all. Read Trumos post then read my response. If he was dead set on a week break knowing a replay would cause all this mess then just win the game. To be honest I can't blame Jurgen because he put the right side out who should have won that game. I bet he is fucking fuming with the side. Might be different if they had gone 2 up and we had clawed it back. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats not what I'm saying at all. Read Trumos post then read my response. If he was dead set on a week break knowing a replay would cause all this mess then just win the game. To be honest I can't blame Jurgen because he put the right side out who should have won that game. I bet he is fucking fuming with the side. Might be different if they had gone 2 up and we had clawed it back. 

He did try and win the game! Did you see how bobbly that pitch was? The fact is we could have put out the first team and still have ended up with a 2-2 draw. Shit happens in the cup.

• Upvote 1