You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The FA Cup reaction

WhiskeyJar

Sam Quek has had the temerity to say she doesn’t like replays on Twitter, and if you read her timeline she’s actually arguing that it’s a crap way for lower league teams to get money when greater distribution of funds at the outset would be fairer, so naturally....

11 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You’re talking nonsense. The vast majority of people who are up in arms about the possibility of us playing the kids are fans of other teams with faux outrage and an axe to grind. 

Fuck ‘em. We’ll do what’s best for us. Maybe Jurgen will change his mind and play a few senior fringe players. Maybe he won’t. Whatever he decides I’ll support it. 

I have no problems with Klopp resting first team players at all. I have issues with him thinking he’s above this and delegating his duties to the U23s coach.

37 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Sam Quek has had the temerity to say she doesn’t like replays on Twitter, and if you read her timeline she’s actually arguing that it’s a crap way for lower league teams to get money when greater distribution of funds at the outset would be fairer, so naturally....

‘Abar’, seriously! Fucking morons like that shouldn’t be allowed near any device that allows them to share an opinion.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I have no problems with Klopp resting first team players at all. I have issues with him thinking he’s above this and delegating his duties to the U23s coach.

He's delegating his duties to the u23's coach because our u23 team will play Shrewsbury, not the senior team. If anything, if he was to manage the game, he'd be managing Critchley's team. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's delegating his duties to the u23's coach because our u23 team will play Shrewsbury, not the senior team. What does he have to do with the u23's? If anything, if he was to manage the game, he'd be managing Critchley's team. 

Exactly. I made this exact point to a guy in work earlier. It would be bizarre and a little disrespectful for him to assume U23 management duty for one game. 

25 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

That’s not at all right. The players we end up selecting will be playing for the senior team not for the U23s.

Klopp can do whatever the fuck he wants. I was reading an interview with him when he had a very rare day off at start of the New Year. He throws everything into the job and if he wants, and has planned a holiday during a so-called Winter break he can go. What's the problem? Physically he might not need a rest but he certainly needs a mental rest away from the City and away from the media. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

That’s not at all right. The players we end up selecting will be playing for the senior team not for the U23s.

Not at all right what? Oldest player there will be Chirivella. I don't know what you're even arguing. Because it's the FA Cup and not a u23 game, those youth players automatically become "senior" players? Because some of them have a few appearances for the 1st team, they're senior players all of a sudden? Is that it?

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Not at all right what? Oldest player there will be Chirivella. I don't know what you're even arguing. Because it's the FA Cup and not a u23 game, those youth players automatically become "senior" players? Because some of them have a few appearances for the 1st team, they're senior players all of a sudden? Ok then.

The point be is rightly making is that the team playing that night will be representing the first team. It’s not even an argument to suggest otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Klopp is wrong on this.

The replay falls in the middle of a run of perfectly winnable league games. The XI who started on Sunday are capable of winning at Anfield (even with a much weaker bench).

By the 5th round, we should be on 80 points or more, so we can afford to go strong in the Cup (and CL) and, if need be, use some of the under-23s in the League. 

The last thing we need is something to disturb the positive atmosphere around the club.

Jurgen is using this replay to make a point about players welfare. It's something he clearly feels strongly about. I admire his leadership. 

I think he should be at the reigns though. Liverpool are playing. 

Whatever he decides, I'll be supporting from the main stand. 

11 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Jurgen is using this replay to make a point about players welfare. It's something he clearly feels strongly about. I admire his leadership. 

I think he should be at the reigns though. Liverpool are playing. 

Whatever he decides, I'll be supporting from the main stand. 

I genuinely wouldn’t have thought that this would be a contentious point at all. Of course he should.

53 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Pundit off the radio.

Olympic hockey medallist. 

Fit and genuinely funny.

But (the real problem for cunts with "1878" in their Twitter handles) she's a Red, therefore she's fair game.

Just another fan with an opinion that is better not to be put on a cesspit like Twitter.