You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The FA Cup reaction

WhiskeyJar

3 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

On 5 live, they are calling Klopp disrespectful to the Cup.

Did they want to cry really badly?

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

On Twitter now that if we win it he is going to let Lallana put his feet up on it.

I’ve heard that JW has said that if we win it  then next season we’re going to keep it in the dressing room so the players can take a half-time piss in it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’ve heard that JW has said that if we win it  then next season we’re going to keep it in the dressing room so the players can take a half-time piss in it.

Ridiculous that man.

I did like how Linda suggested filling it with jelly beans and then having a contest to guess how many were in there.

15 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

On 5 live, they are calling Klopp disrespectful to the Cup.

We’re they also calling Brentford disrespectful? (They played 6 kids of 20 or younger and rested their three top scorers) Or any of the other PL or Championship teams who rested players en masse.... Watford made, I think 11 changes for their match v Tranmere. These people are so full of shit.

1 minute ago, DaveT said:

We’re they also calling Brentford disrespectful? (They played 6 kids of 20 or younger and rested their three top scorers) Or any of the other PL or Championship teams who rested players en masse.... Watford made, I think 11 changes for their match v Tranmere. These people are so full of shit.

Correct. And if we allowed admission to the replay to all fans for a tenner, the minimum the FA will allow, these twats would say we were robbing shrewsbury of a decent payout.

As for disrespecting the cup, have these cunts not realised the draw is actually being made on The One Show?! Fucking laughable the number of people lining up to take potshots of us 'disrespecting' the cup while ignoring what the FA is doing.

5 minutes ago, DaveT said:

9 changes for West Brom. Although Moyes is such a fuck up he couldn’t beat them.

45 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sheff Wed V City 

For fuckin real????

how is it possible that citeh consistently get piss easy domestic cup draws??

it literally isn’t possible for a fair and equitable draw to produce such events over such a long period of time

4 minutes ago, dandyman said:

For fuckin real????

how is it possible that citeh consistently get piss easy domestic cup draws??

it literally isn’t possible for a fair and equitable draw to produce such events over such a long period of time

Its absolutely ridiculous the luck they get with draws. They must have been the first club in the history of the competition to win it without playing someone in the top half of the Premier league last season.

Chelsea always seem to be drawn at home the last few years in the early rounds. 

The mass Fume - carefully orchestra by the BBC and certain hostile media outlets - is quite glorious. All these calls for us to be fined, banned from the contest (denying Shrewsbury an Anfield payday??!!), or suffer points deductions in an entirely different competition - none of which will happen - is highly amusing.

I genuinely think that by the end of this season we will have ruined some

people.

Why was there no fume for Watford playing a reserve side against Tranmere denying their fans a game against the famous Manchester United?

Why aren't Alan Brazil and all the other twats on Talksport foaming at the mouth when Championship teams do it even against Premier league opposition?

At least Anfield will be full next week compared to all the empty seats you see on the highlights of the round on MOTD.

I think Klopp is happy for us to go out. If we win next week and then beat Chelsea it means we have a quarter-final on the weekend of 21st/22nd March meaning our league match against Palace will need to be rearranged. Win that one and we then have a semi-final on the weekend of April 18th/19th meaning the league match against Brighton will need to be rearranged. None of this will be a helpful to a team whose objectives are winning the league and Champions League, both of which are a realistic prospect.

27 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I think Klopp is happy for us to go out. If we win next week and then beat Chelsea it means we have a quarter-final on the weekend of 21st/22nd March meaning our league match against Palace will need to be rearranged. Win that one and we then have a semi-final on the weekend of April 18th/19th meaning the league match against Brighton will need to be rearranged. None of this will be a helpful to a team whose objectives are winning the league and Champions League, both of which are a realistic prospect.

If that all managed to happen how long before the bitters start taking credit for fucking our season up...

56 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Why was there no fume for Watford playing a reserve side against Tranmere denying their fans a game against the famous Manchester United?

Why aren't Alan Brazil and all the other twats on Talksport foaming at the mouth when Championship teams do it even against Premier league opposition?

At least Anfield will be full next week compared to all the empty seats you see on the highlights of the round on MOTD.

Did Watford make such a public declaration of how unimportant it is to them?  Did their manager say he wouldn't bother turning up? 

I'll be very surprised if Anfield is anywhere near full if it's the U23's managed by the U23's manager. 

37 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I really, really dont think he is wanting us to go out. But, I think he knows if he started to try and win the EFL Cup and then the FA Cup, we wouldnt be in this position in the league. For want of a better description, he's playing the percentages to win the league.

I really cannot get my head around the thought we should go all out and dilute our attempt to win the league or retain the CL in favour of trying to also win the FA Cup.

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

Did Watford make such a public declaration of how unimportant it is to them?  Did their manager say he wouldn't bother turning up? 

I'll be very surprised if Anfield is anywhere near full if it's the U23's managed by the U23's manager. 

So watford were less open and honest about it? OK!