You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) 29/2/2020 - Premier League - 19:45

Bjornebye

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

At this stage of the season with tired legs what matters is the 3 points, pefromance is secondary at the moment. If you can manage a game at a lower capacity then so be it. People are just picking now, it makes you wonder.

There were long periods in that game where we were just passing the ball around for fun. I couldn't help comparing it to six years ago, when we would have gone chasing more goals and left ourselves open to counter-attacks, before inevitably conceding.

16 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

There were long periods in that game where we were just passing the ball around for fun. I couldn't help comparing it to six years ago, when we would have gone chasing more goals and left ourselves open to counter-attacks, before inevitably conceding.

Exactly. Let’s hope if we do win it with games to spare we don’t just fuck the other games off like the 70/80’s. Some on here would go into meltdown.

• Upvote 1

Yeah boo, Klopp out! I've got a balaclava here and some of those light sticks that go bright when you bend them. I'm off to protest. Oh hang on it's raining and windy, sod that I'm not walking in that. 

Bloody hell, we're smashing records and pushing teams aside on our relentless march to the title. Our nearest rival (a heavily financially doped team of world class players and Kyle Walker) sit 19 points below us. I am watching some of the best football I've ever seen from us, we're just at times incredible. 

It's January and we sit 19 points clear, bloody hell NINETEEN. We've beaten all 19 teams and are 19 points clear on our way to number 19. 

• Upvote 4

The mental strength of this team is unparalleled, a lot of teams would have crumbled after the Champions League final defeat and losing the league last season after all the effort that went into that run. They are almost machine like, utterly relentless and no set back is going to stop them reaching their goals.

6 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

Yeah boo, Klopp out! I've got a balaclava here and some of those light sticks that go bright when you bend them. I'm off to protest. Oh hang on it's raining and windy, sod that I'm not walking in that. 

Bloody hell, we're smashing records and pushing teams aside on our relentless march to the title. Our nearest rival (a heavily financially doped team of world class players and Kyle Walker) sit 19 points below us. I am watching some of the best football I've ever seen from us, we're just at times incredible. 

It's January and we sit 19 points clear, bloody hell NINETEEN. We've beaten all 19 teams and are 19 points clear on our way to number 19. 

N n n n n n nineteen!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think I may be tired of winning. I thrive on drama and there is none in the league. I think I'm starting to find it dull and if any victory can be classed as dull, it was this one. 

Was at work during the game, mate. Had to catch it after. 

Probably best sticking to manufactured American sports then. Dynamism isn't your thing.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Elite said:

The mental strength of this team is unparalleled, a lot of teams would have crumbled after the Champions League final defeat and losing the league last season after all the effort that went into that run. They are almost machine like, utterly relentless and no set back is going to stop them reaching their goals.

Indeed, looked what happened to Spurs after they lost in the final...

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

At this stage of the season with tired legs what matters is the 3 points, pefromance is secondary at the moment. If you can manage a game at a lower capacity then so be it. People are just picking now, it makes you wonder.

Exactly. Really well-managed game by the players. When our levels dip slightly, having Van Dijk and Alisson invariably sort out whatever pressure we might get under. 

We're spoilt rotten at the moment and it's sometimes easy to take it all for granted.

Sometimes I thought we'd never see a title again (thanks first Yanks), but could anyone have predicted that we'd go about it like this? Remarkable that we've now beaten every team already with over a third of the season to go.

It is amazing and long may it continue mate, I was 22 when we last won it and won’t take anything for granted even now. Keep on getting points whatever the way, we have been under pressure not to lose a game for 18 months.

I will be happy for my Dad and my lad, my Dad is not in good health and my lad has never seen us win it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

It is amazing and long may it continue mate, I was 22 when we last won it and won’t take anything for granted even now. Keep on getting points whatever the way, we have been under pressure not to lose a game for 18 months.

I will be happy for my Dad and my lad, my Dad is not in good health and my lad has never seen us win it.

I was around the same age as you when we were last champions and my lads were both babies back then so it will be interesting to see us be champions again in their lifetime.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I was 23.

QPR, Anfield.

Perhaps we were standing not far away from each other.

My boy's 12 and getting excited... a bit like I used as a kid in Australia in the 70s, with the Reds spoiling me year after year.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, skaro said:

I was 23.

QPR, Anfield.

My boy's 12 and getting excited... a bit like I used as a kid in Australia in the 70s, with the Reds spoiling me year after year.

I was 23 also as I am about a week older than you. My maths skills are on the wane.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, skaro said:

I was 23.

QPR, Anfield.

I had a new job and had to stop going to aways but had no problem with home games. The odd occasion but I was the manager so I worked it out, remember getting bollocked for listening to an away game in the shop by an area manager.

The Manc bastard.

• Like 1

Even though we were miles better than West Ham, held them at arm's length and ran out comfortable winners, I thought we were a bit below par.

And I couldn't give a fuck. It's ace. I've seen too many Liverpool sides be excellent and yet denied by cruel fortune and sucker punches. This is fucking brilliant - we're better than pretty much everybody in the league even when we're phoning it in, and we're light years ahead of everyone when we're on it.

Had a moment in my office full of Newcastle fans earlier in the week when I was dissecting my frustrations with the Shrewsbury draw where I was like "fucking hell, it's been months since I had to do this", whereas a couple of years ago it would have been most Mondays. We've come so, so far and there's never been a better time to be a red.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

Even though we were miles better than West Ham, held them at arm's length and ran out comfortable winners, I thought we were a bit below par.

And I couldn't give a fuck. It's ace. I've seen too many Liverpool sides be excellent and yet denied by cruel fortune and sucker punches. This is fucking brilliant - we're better than pretty much everybody in the league even when we're phoning it in, and we're light years ahead of everyone when we're on it.

Had a moment in my office full of Newcastle fans earlier in the week when I was dissecting my frustrations with the Shrewsbury draw where I was like "fucking hell, it's been months since I had to do this", whereas a couple of years ago it would have been most Mondays. We've come so, so far and there's never been a better time to be a red.

There'll be a commanding performance before too long.

This side will make that statement at the right moment - it's how they are.