You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) 29/2/2020 - Premier League - 19:45

Bjornebye

Just now, Anubis said:

The opposition Conspiracy bandwagon have their point of contention for the night, despite the fact it never actually touched his hand. From the BBC match feed.

They see what they want to see, not the reality, dont they. Clearly doesnt touch Bobby's hand and it was nearer the defender's hand.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont think we are poor at all. We've totally bossed the game and made west ham run a lot. We've played the direct ball over the top a little too much and if Divock could have got his toe to that cross, it would be 2 now.

Hopefully west ham will tire in the 2nd half and we can make it pay. Just need to make sure we arent sloppy with the ball.

We are slow in the build up.

Our left wing is non-existent.

Sloppy in the final third.

We are poor apart from possession.

I can't see Klopp being happy with that.

9 minutes ago, J-V said:

According to the twat commentators when they were moaning about him getting a foul against him "he played the ball twice once with each foot".

Yep, that was an unreal piece of commentary, literally self-refuting. Pair of clowns must be stuck in 1986 when two-footed tackles were still allowed.

1 minute ago, WhiskeyJar said:

We are slow in the build up.

Our left wing is non-existent.

Sloppy in the final third.

We are poor par possession.

I can't see Klopp being happy with that.

West Ham usually have eleven men behind the ball. Fifteen if you count Moss’ body mass as a barrier in the middle of the pitch. It’s not easy to walk through and you have to keep chipping away. We’re doing fine.

Just now, Jordy Brouwer said:

I think part of the reason for slow play at the back is to entice them to come forwards and press a bit to give us a bit more space but I certainly agree it was excessive at times. 

I understand it but there at least 5 times where VvD could have made a fast pass forward but instead passed to Ox who slows it further down.

Moyes is not a very good manager obviously, but he seems to know a thing or two about parking the bus. They’ve been very compact, and set up their wide defenders to block off our full backs, which has worked fairly well.

We’ve been patient which is good, too slow which is not so good, and a bit sloppy which we could well pay the price for if continued.

Should keep trying to play in behind their defence, and fight to win the second ball high up. Low risk and high potential for a reward.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

West Ham usually have eleven men behind the ball. Fifteen if you count Moss’ body mass as a barrier in the middle of the pitch. It’s not easy to walk through and you have to keep chipping away. We’re doing fine.

I agree, under the circumstances we are doing ok.

We could be better is my point if we played with a bit more tempo.

1 minute ago, WhiskeyJar said:

I understand it but there at least 5 times where VvD could have made a fast pass forward but instead passed to Ox who slows it further down.

Yeah, it's called retaining possession and making the oppos run to either try and intercept the ball across the back line or run and cut off options for any forward pass.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Yeah, it's called retaining possession and making the oppos run to either try and intercept the ball across the back line or run and cut off options for any forward pass.

Yes but when playing against players that park the bus you need to counter attack when you have the chance.

See the build up to the penalty.