You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) 29/2/2020 - Premier League - 19:45

Bjornebye

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Moyesy gifted us the 3 points from the start. I thought we were relatively mediocre. If they'd had a go there may have been something there for them but they bottled it with a shite 5-4-1. 

If they'd had a go, they would have been more open at the back and we would have bummed them bandy.

Michail Antonio is the only player they have who can hurt us and the Moyesiah chose not to play him.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Moyesy gifted us the 3 points from the start. I thought we were relatively mediocre. If they'd had a go there may have been something there for them but they bottled it with a shite 5-4-1. 

I really cannot believe any sane person thinks we were mediocre. Surreal times, I guess.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I really cannot believe any sane person thinks we were mediocre. Surreal times, I guess.

We played at maybe 50% of our capacity. The reason that wasn't a great performance is precisely because we've set the standards so high. We didn't need to be good, I suppose, but we definitely weren't good.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

We played at maybe 50% of our capacity. The reason that wasn't a great performance is precisely because we've set the standards so high. We didn't need to be good, I suppose, but we definitely weren't good.  

Fuck me, it's a good job some of you never watched our 60's, 70's and 80's teams win titles then. You'd have been disappointed with some games.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Fuck me, it's a good job some of you never watched our 60's, 70's and 80's teams win titles then. You'd have been disappointed with some games.

Calm down, I've no problem with us not being great in a midweek January game. It happens to every team. I just think West Ham were a non-entity and we barely lifted a finger. 

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Calm down, I've no problem with us not being great in a midweek January game. It happens to every team. I just think West Ham were a non-entity and we barely lifted a finger. 

Fucking hell mate, it's clear you hate us, I think you should calm down.

• Upvote 5

48 minutes ago, m0e said:

From the Beeb:

Liverpool have gone 41 Premier League games without defeat (W36 D5) - the third longest such run in English top-flight history behind Arsenal (49 in Oct 2004) and Nottingham Forest (42 in Nov 1978).

Liverpool have won their last 15 Premier League games - only the fourth occasion of a team winning 15+ consecutive English top-flight games (Manchester City 18 in December 2017, Liverpool 17 in October 2019 and City 15 in August 2019).

Liverpool have won 70 points from just 24 games in the Premier League this season - the quickest any English top-flight side has ever reached this total.

Jurgen Klopp registered his 150th victory as Liverpool manager in all competitions (W150 D58 L39).

That second paragraph deserves emphasis...

only the fourth time a team has won 15 straight too Flight games in England, and one of the other 3 was us earlier in the season prior to the draw with United.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Calm down? Mate, we're going to win the title for the first time in a generation. And if that isnt enough, we have a great team and manager. We've dropped 2 points in 24 fucking games this campaign. We've not been beaten in 41 league games. We're managing games, we're calm at the back. We have great players. We might create a points record and we might go unbeaten although I think we will lose when Jurgen targets the CL. And then people say we were almost mediocre and other stuff.

It's bizarre, I tell you, bizarre. Enjoy the ride because at the end of the season, it counts for nothing, just like Ronnie and Joe used to say.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Fucking hell mate, it's clear you hate us, I think you should calm down.

I think I may be tired of winning. I thrive on drama and there is none in the league. I think I'm starting to find it dull and if any victory can be classed as dull, it was this one. 

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Stacksy, where have you been man? You’re late to tonight’s party.

Was at work during the game, mate. Had to catch it after. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think I may be tired of winning. I thrive on drama and there is none in the league. I think I'm starting to find it dull and if any victory can be classed as dull, it was this one. 

Winning what? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Charlie Sheen would not be impressed with this attitude. 

6 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

So we gonna party at the Emptihad? Should be loads of tickets available for this one. Might even get one and sit in with the city fans.

I had a look for tickets at City before this West Ham game.

Their bastard site said the game against us was sold out. 

If you find seats, I'll be all over that, cheers very much.

Just say the word and the Venmo will be on its way. 

Me and every other supporter I'm sure, but regardless I'm in. 

33 minutes ago, suzy said:

Moyes has now faced us as a manager 28 times - and only won 3!

"Every time my team has been victorious over Liverpool - all three times in fact - I have guided my team to that win. 

'I'm a winner. That's what I do."