You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam: Henderson belongs in the category of great Liverpool captains

TLW

Charlie Adam believes that Jordan Henderson deserves a great deal of credit for evolving not only as a player but as a leader.

The midfielder came to the club in the same transfer window as Henderson in 2011, and knows first hand the struggles the former Sunderland man had in his early days.

Adam talked about his pride of Henderson’s development in the Blood Red podcast via the Echo.

"When I played with him he was a young kid coming in from Sunderland.

"It was a difficult time at the start and it takes mental strength to play at the top level, if you have a bad game you can’t get bogged down in what people are saying, you’ve just got to brush it off and go again.

“He was playing out of position, it was difficult for him to get into the central midfield but as time passed, his importance as part of the club evolved over the years.

“He’s a mainstay of the team now, he’s the captain.

“He’s got a manager who trusts him, whether he plays at centre-back or central midfield, you can ask Jordan Henderson to play any position and he’ll give 110%, he’ll go and do his best.”

henderson7_600.jpg

Adam believes the value of Henderson is so important that the team feels his absence when he is not on the pitch.

“I think Liverpool are a very different team when he doesn’t play. The dynamics of the team are different, he’s very underrated.

“For me personally, I think he could be Player of the Year, that’s how much influence he has on the team.

“You talk about Kevin De Bruyne, you talk about Harry Kane but Jordan Henderson as an individual sets the tone and the markers for everybody else to go and play.

“He’s been terrific over the past few years and has grown into being Liverpool captain.”

Adam was honest when asked whether he thought Henderson would ever be in this current position.

“Did I envisage Jordan Henderson winning the European Cup as Liverpool captain?

“Probably not. But how things have changed, and he’s become comfortable in the role and since coming in as a young lad starting out, every season he’s got better and better.

“He’s played his best football this season that he’s probably ever played.

“He’s worked his way into the role and is a terrific role-model for young kids on and off the pitch, you never see him in the press for anything wrong.”

And the
current Reading player believes that the 29 year-old can comfortably sit among the great leaders that the club have had over the years.

“You could put him up there with the great Liverpool captains.

“The great captains have been able to drag Liverpool through the mire, they’re the ones who have taken on the added responsibility.

“And he’s accepted the role very well, he’s taken it in his stride and the performances he’s been producing have been incredible.

“It’s a position he takes very, very seriously and he’s getting the rewards for that.”

23 minutes ago, TLW said:

henderson7_600.jpghenderson7_600.jpghenderson7_600.jpghenderson7_600.jpghenderson7_600.jpgCharlie Adam believes that Jordan Henderson deserves a great deal of credit for evolving not only as a player but as a leader.

The midfielder came to the club in the same transfer window as Henderson in 2011, and knows first hand the struggles the former Sunderland man had in his early days.

He talked about his pride of Henderson’s development in the Blood Red podcast via the Echo.

"When I played with him he was a young kid coming in from Sunderland.

"It was a difficult time at the start and it takes mental strength to play at the top level, if you have a bad game you can’t get bogged down in what people are saying, you’ve just got to brush it off and go again.

“He was playing out of position, it was difficult for him to get into the central midfield but as time passed, his importance as part of the club evolved over the years.

“He’s a mainstay of the team now, he’s the captain.

“He’s got a manager who trusts him, whether he plays at centre-back or central midfield, you can ask Jordan Henderson to play any position and he’ll give 110%, he’ll go and do his best.”

henderson7_600.jpg

Adam believes the value of Henderson is so important that the team feels his absence when he is not on the pitch.

“I think Liverpool are a very different team when he doesn’t play. 

“The dynamics of the team are different, he’s very underrated.

“For me personally, I think he could be Player of the Year, that’s how much influence he has on the team.

“You talk about Kevin De Bruyne, you talk about Harry Kane but Jordan Henderson as an individual sets the tone and the markers for everybody else to go and play.

“He’s been terrific over the past few years and has grown into being Liverpool captain.”

Adam was honest when asked whether he thought Henderson would ever be in this current position.

“Did I envisage Jordan Henderson winning the European Cup as Liverpool captain?

“Probably not. 

“But how things have changed, and he’s become comfortable in the role and since coming in as a young lad starting out, every season he’s got better and better.

“He’s played his best football this season that he’s probably ever played.

“He’s worked his way into the role and is a terrific role-model for young kids on and off the pitch, you never see him in the press for anything wrong.”

And the current Reading player believes that the 29 year-old can comfortably sit among the great leaders that the club have had over the years.

“You could put him up there with the great Liverpool captains.

“The great captains have been able to drag Liverpool through the mire, they’re the ones who have taken on the added responsibility.

“And he’s accepted the role very well, he’s taken it in his stride and the performances he’s been producing have been incredible.

“It’s a position he takes very, very seriously and he’s getting the rewards for that.”

View full article

henderson7_600.jpghenderson7_600.jpgThat's a lovely picture of henderson7_600.jpgHendo you've got there mate.

henderson7_600.jpg