You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Newcastle fans will be even more obnoxious than City fans.

Met a few Geordies recently. Within two minutes had told me their banner is the biggest in the league and the Kop isn't as impressive and that until the 40s or something, they had won more leagues than anyone else, so they have pedigree bla bla bla. Best supporters and most knowledgeable in the land bla bla bla.

If they just said, we are a big enough club with good fans and we are prepared to have murderous bastards running our club because we want to win trophies, I would have been like fair enough lads. I mean I think I'd rather go back to 2010 than have Saudis here, but each to their own.

Yet more revision by a new oil enrichened club's fans. Sunderland had won the most First Division titles until first united under Busby then ourselves and the shite surpassed them in the early 60's.

Newcastle have won just 2 First Division titles in their entire history to date although they like to say they have 6 or 7 by including 2nd Division \ Championship titles!

They're like some post 2008 city fans who think Liverpool 'hadnt won a trophy until the 65 cup final win'! Yeah, seriously, I saw some city fans posting this on line.

It seems to be what these type of bandwagon jumping fans do to self justify their support for their filthy rich club.

How any decent human being can pose, smiling with his daughter wearing that shirt is beyond me. She wouldnt be able to dress like that in public for starters in Saudi Arabia never mind the human rights abuse. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.

47 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The people running Newcastle would have to be the most incompetent in the world to fuck this up. It's incredibly difficult not to eventually succeed when you have the most money.

They'll have a headstart in comparison to how City got on by having a larger fan base to fill the stadium with ease. 

23 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yet more revision by a new oil enrichened club's fans. Sunderland had won the most First Division titles until first united under Busby then ourselves and the shite surpassed them in the early 60's.

Newcastle have won just 2 First Division titles in their entire history to date although they like to say they have 6 or 7 by including 2nd Division \ Championship titles!

They're like some post 2008 city fans who think Liverpool 'hadnt won a trophy until the 65 cup final win'! Yeah, seriously, I saw some city fans posting this on line.

It seems to be what these type of bandwagon jumping fans do to self justify their support for their filthy rich club.

How any decent human being can pose, smiling with his daughter wearing that shirt is beyond me. She wouldnt be able to dress like that in public for starters in Saudi Arabia never mind the human rights abuse. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.

Always had a soft spot for Sunderland. Maybe it was the cup final when they beat Leeds.

You're right though. City and Newcastle fans desperate to show they have some kind of history before the takeover. I mean those two and Chelsea were always moderately big clubs for me that weren't on my radar. Bouncing between divisions with the odd trophy or some players I rated. 

Tyler if he hasn't retired will be unbearable when they are at the point of chasing a title, unless it is against his beloved Mancs (of course Gary you chases down a 14 point lead to pip them in 1996. Can you tell us a little bit about Sir Alex and the hunger in that dressing room?).

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Always had a soft spot for Sunderland. Maybe it was the cup final when they beat Leeds.

You're right though. City and Newcastle fans desperate to show they have some kind of history before the takeover. I mean those two and Chelsea were always moderately big clubs for me that weren't on my radar. Bouncing between divisions with the odd trophy or some players I rated. 

Tyler if he hasn't retired will be unbearable when they are at the point of chasing a title, unless it is against his beloved Mancs (of course Gary you chases down a 14 point lead to pip them in 1996. Can you tell us a little bit about Sir Alex and the hunger in that dressing room?).

Bob's team as well, Ronnie. Never forget the game when we'd won the title and Sunderland needed a win to stay up. We just went through the motions and they won 1-0.

Bob said after the game 'Any more of that and they'll have me in front of the stewards'!

Sunderland fans have generally been one of the best supporters from another club in the Hillsbrough campaign over the years.I think they were made up when we got that statue for Bob built in his home town years ago as well.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Bob's team as well, Ronnie. Never forget the game when we'd won the title and Sunderland needed a win to stay up. We just went through the motions and they won 1-0.

Bob said after the game 'Any more of that and they'll have me in front of the stewards'!

Sunderland fans have generally been one of the best supporters from another club in the Hillsbrough campaign over the years.I think they were made up when we got that statue for Bob built in his home town years ago as well.

Nice links there Docker. Definitely have an even bigger soft spot for them now I know Bob liked them.

Nothing against Geordies. They are a proper footballing people, but how a working class city can embrace murderous scum is beyond me. They make City's owners look like Gandhi. Yeah, we all want to win, but Jesus don't lose sight of trying to have even a basic level of morality.

I always somewhat liked them, in as much as I could like another English club, but I think they are going to be the most unbearable knobheads when they start challenging. Like City fans, you'd swear they had a storied past. The media will lap up the Geordie stuff ignoring the Saudi piece. I didn't mind it in 1996 when they used to show the old lad in his 80s or 90s. This time it will be vile to listen to.

Everytime we went to Newcastle  the fans were absolutely pricks.

Same as when they came down here.

Taking your obligatory Newcastle top 0ff when it's minus 5 to show what a true fan you are.

One of the biggest myths going is that scousers are like Geordies. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Everytime we went to Newcastle  the fans were absolutely pricks.

Same as when they came down here.

Taking your obligatory Newcastle top 0ff when it's minus 5 to show what a true fan you are.

One of the biggest myths going is that scousers are like Geordies. 

Jocks with their brains taken out. 

I lived there for a few years and its a weird place. The nights out were dreadful and just full of cunts. Weirdly too, its one of the only places i have been were people in work were actually antagonistic about donating to a food bank. Most places people have been ambivalent but in Newcastle i actually had one lad start a rival collection for animals at the same time, as they 'cant feed themselves'.

That being said, i think the two soundest lads i have come across were also Geordies, so i guess you just have to take people as you find them.

On 06/07/2022 at 11:12, Ronnie Whelan said:

Newcastle fans will be even more obnoxious than City fans.

Met a few Geordies recently. Within two minutes had told me their banner is the biggest in the league and the Kop isn't as impressive and that until the 40s or something, they had won more leagues than anyone else, so they have pedigree bla bla bla. Best supporters and most knowledgeable in the land bla bla bla.

If they just said, we are a big enough club with good fans and we are prepared to have murderous bastards running our club because we want to win trophies, I would have been like fair enough lads. I mean I think I'd rather go back to 2010 than have Saudis here, but each to their own.

Hahahahahahaha fucking blerts

On 06/07/2022 at 13:44, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

These gobshites will be unbearable. Fuck them.

They appear to have a massive hatred for Everton on twitter which is quite funny. Other than that fuck them real hard. I don't mind geordies to be fair but when they start coming out with drivel about football ..... fuck sake absolute nobodys 

On 08/07/2022 at 11:26, Captain Turdseye said:

My in-laws are Geordies. 

My bird’s mum is probably the most infamous cunt ever mentioned on the General Forum. Her dad is OK, but he mentioned something about them signing Sven Botman last week. He’s normally quiet about football…

Bought me a bottle of whiskey for my birthday last week. Took it round to my mate’s last night, he had a bottle of rum there too. I was falling down drunk for the first time in years. Apparently the neighbours have complimented us on our singing and I woke up this morning with a fucking massive graze all up my left arm. 

I don’t think I’m built for whiskey. I was drinking it neat before I went round there. On the rocks, all sophisticated and shit. 

On 07/07/2022 at 22:52, John102 said:

I lived there for a few years and its a weird place. The nights out were dreadful and just full of cunts. Weirdly too, its one of the only places i have been were people in work were actually antagonistic about donating to a food bank. Most places people have been ambivalent but in Newcastle i actually had one lad start a rival collection for animals at the same time, as they 'cant feed themselves'.

That being said, i think the two soundest lads i have come across were also Geordies, so i guess you just have to take people as you find them.

That's some logic. What did animals do to eat before humans evolved? 

Only geordie I know is my lad’s mate from Widdrington, a bit outside of the city, he’s a sound fella but stopped going when Ashley moved in.

He likes the way we play over city, because they’re “like robots” but ours is “more flair”.
Doesn’t like Everton at all because the bloos are always giving the geordies all the “we’ve won more than you, bigger history, etc.” and yet haven’t won shit since 1995.

They’re annoyed because Newcastle consistently draw bigger crowds than Everton and did do particularly through the Keegan/Robson managerial era’s, and away from home too.

Haven’t heard from him for a bit so not sure how he views the Saudi takeover but he did say once Ashley was gone he’d go back to games.

On 08/07/2022 at 11:26, Captain Turdseye said:

My in-laws are Geordies. 

My bird’s mum is probably the most infamous cunt ever mentioned on the General Forum. Her dad is OK, but he mentioned something about them signing Sven Botman last week. He’s normally quiet about football…

Thatcher???

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Newcastle fans can either feel deeply ashamed or 'proud' to be associated with that kingdom.

They dont pick the club's owners? They fucking kicked off 1000 times more, at least, over ashley than the current owners so that excuse doesnt wash with me.