You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hahah, what a fucking yes man. Can you imagine how happy Klopp or the likes of Conte or Guardiola would be about the owners talking to the players behind their manager's back? 

"Yeah they did pop in to see the players," said Howe. "I personally wasn't in there for that - they saw me with my coaching team after.

"I believe they were very supportive to the players, highlighting the fact we're in this fight to stay in the league together and they're very much behind everybody.

"I can't thank them enough for that support and I think it was really beneficial for the players to see that and feel that because this journey that we're going on currently and this fight we're in to stay in the division is a united effort from everybody.

"The supporters are playing their part - they've been magnificent. The owners wanted to show their support for the players and it was really welcome."

51 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Hahah, what a fucking yes man. Can you imagine how happy Klopp or the likes of Conte or Guardiola would be about the owners talking to the players behind their manager's back? 

"Yeah they did pop in to see the players," said Howe. "I personally wasn't in there for that - they saw me with my coaching team after.

"I believe they were very supportive to the players, highlighting the fact we're in this fight to stay in the league together and they're very much behind everybody.

"I can't thank them enough for that support and I think it was really beneficial for the players to see that and feel that because this journey that we're going on currently and this fight we're in to stay in the division is a united effort from everybody.

"The supporters are playing their part - they've been magnificent. The owners wanted to show their support for the players and it was really welcome."

I think the words 'lickspittle' and 'Eddie Howe' have now become interchangeable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

"Eddie Howe has revealed Newcastle's owners entered the dressing room to address the players following their shock 1-0 defeat to League One side Cambridge United in the FA Cup on Saturday."

daging-cincang.gif

Just a warning this time. Next time it’s an invite to the embassy.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Jesus Christ they're not so smart these Geordies, Trippier, future captain? He's 31! Probably only got a couple of seasons in the championship  left in him! 

Screenshot_20220131_095258_com.android.chrome.jpg

Fixed. Hopefully

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Baltar said:

FFP no longer a thing? Newcastle spending the petrodollars with impunity. 

there was some analysis done by Swiss Ramble that Newcastle could spend around 200m (more in cash terms) this winter without falling on the wrong side of FFP based on previous accounts, Ashley has been pretty tight with money since he's had the club.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1452515858803220482?s=20&t=jmxYnleEwbB2FxXD_HzCFg

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Guimaraes was one of the best players in France and they had no problems getting him to come. Unless they're exceptionally incompetent or get relegated, it won't take long till they're in the mix at the top. 

£££££££££££

And the fucking useless Premier League wont lift a finger to stop them and any other clubs who had games called off from playing these new players in re arranged games.

Dont get me started on the 'richest club' in the world playing in the 'richest league' in the world getting players in on loan instead of outright paying for them.

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Guimaraes was one of the best players in France and they had no problems getting him to come. Unless they're exceptionally incompetent or get relegated, it won't take long till they're in the mix at the top. 

They've been overlooked by far more players than they signed this winter.

13 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

They've been overlooked by far more players than they signed this winter.

Guimaraes and Trippier is a fine start. Guimaraes especially is a good sign for them they can already get talented mid 20's players that the best clubs in Europe covet. Wood, Dan Burn and that type of player is just to get them out of relegation. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Guimaraes and Trippier is a fine start. Guimaraes especially is a good sign for them they can already get talented mid 20's players that the best clubs in Europe covet. Wood, Dan Burn and that type of player is just to get them out of relegation. 

I'm not denying they'll do well for Newcastle, despite the relatively low key nature of most of the signings I think it's the right decision.

But it's fair to say they've found it far more difficult than lots of people expected and have had to 'settle' for a lot of signings.

If they survive then I'm sure the summer will be slightly easier.