You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Is there any regime that wouldn't pass the fit and proper test. 

Fucking hell Hicks and Gillette had a long history of levarged buy outs and fucking up business and sports. 

The regimes in the middle East had a history of being outright cunts

Saudis of chopping up journo lists

I agree mate but remember, our owners come from the USA. The biggest murdering bastards of the last 100 years. Chopping up a journalist is wrong. Not as wrong as napalming a village full of women and children. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I agree mate but remember, our owners come from the USA. The biggest murdering bastards of the last 100 years. Chopping up a journalist is wrong. Not as wrong as napalming a village full of women and children. 

Both are wrong and crimes against humanity. 'Fit and proper' is as meaningful as most other soundbites such as 'We're all in this together.'

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Both are wrong and crimes against humanity. 'Fit and proper' is as meaningful as most other soundbites such as 'We're all in this together.'

Haha mate I remember when Gadyamak got hold of Pompey after passing 'fit & proper'. What came out about him afterwards proved he was far from fit and proper. 

Money talks. 

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They come from the USA. They’re not literally connected to its government, unlike the Wor Sport Wor Washers.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Haha mate I remember when Gadyamak got hold of Pompey after passing 'fit & proper'. What came out about him afterwards proved he was far from fit and proper. 

Money talks. 

Didn't he sell up to the one Arab sheikh without a pot to piss in?

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

They come from the USA. They’re not literally connected to its government, unlike the Wor Sport Wor Washers.

You come from the sea mate and if I get my trainers wet then its you i'm blaming. 

50 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Big difference is our owners are not part of the US government unlike the wealth funds at City and probably Newcastle. It's state money running them

All tomorrow's papers running with a £19M a year offer to Chubby Hamster to be their new manager. I can only hope that he'd have some class about him and see beyond the money and fuck them off. But he is a football manager, who probably 'doesn't get involved in politics', so that hope may be forlorn.

1 hour ago, Chocoholic said:

All tomorrow's papers running with a £19M a year offer to Chubby Hamster to be their new manager. I can only hope that he'd have some class about him and see beyond the money and fuck them off. But he is a football manager, who probably 'doesn't get involved in politics', so that hope may be forlorn.

Been told I look like a chubby hamster. Hope they get the address wrong. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Good this

This is really great. Genuinely, thanks for sharing. 

I have a big soft spot for Newcastle as my late dad was a lifelong supporter. He was born in Stanley, County Durham but moved to Yorkshire to go to medical school in the mid 1960’s.

He used to tell tales of going to the match, as a boy in the 1950’s, often taking the same bus as one of their players who lived on the same row of terraced houses. The only difference between the Newcastle players house and my dads was that he had an inside toilet.

Apparently we watched the 1974 FA cup final together. I was about eighteen months old at the time and cried all the way through. At least he said I was crying, I reckon I was cheering as Newcastle were “undressed, absolutely stripped naked”.

Despite his best efforts, we used to go to St.James Park regularly and when they played in Yorkshire, my football allegiances were always elsewhere. He never showed his disappointment, although I’m sure he was.

I miss him greatly.  

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Good this

I've always liked the Geordies and think they are very similar to us in outlook. North Eastern players and managers have played a massive role in our successes and even today. I like Newcastle fans much more than Sunderland given how they've fucked themselves over with Brexit and that documentary series on Netflix but its not really their fault that both their teams owners are massive wankers.

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I've always liked the Geordies and think they are very similar to us in outlook. North Eastern players and managers have played a massive role in our successes and even today. I like Newcastle fans much more than Sunderland given how they've fucked themselves over with Brexit and that documentary series on Netflix but its not really their fault that both their teams owners are massive wankers.

That series is a decent watch to be fair.