Premier League clubs have voted to temporarily block teams agreeing lucrative sponsorship deals linked to a club's owners after the Saudi Arabia-backed £305m takeover of Newcastle.

Eighteen clubs voted in favour of the ban at an emergency meeting on Monday.

Newcastle voted against and Manchester City abstained, with both questioning the legality of the move.

3 hours ago, Jennings said:

Premier League clubs have voted to temporarily block teams agreeing lucrative sponsorship deals linked to a club's owners after the Saudi Arabia-backed £305m takeover of Newcastle.

Eighteen clubs voted in favour of the ban at an emergency meeting on Monday.

Newcastle voted against and Manchester City abstained, with both questioning the legality of the move.

Commence operation "close stable door".

My bird’s mum and dad are Geordies. Her dad doesn’t really talk much about footy because they’re shite. I’m interested to see if that changes now because he’s not an arsehole, he’s a good bloke. I know he streams games on his laptop if he’s in but he’s not one who watches games religiously.

He came over to watch one Liverpool vs Newcastle game here but he drank a bottle and a half of red wine before half time and was nodding off for most of the second half. It was a shit game, to be fair. 

Her mum doesn’t watch footy but I can’t post about her dad without mentioning that her ma is a snide little goblin cunt. 

• Upvote 4

You’d imagine the reason for not sacking him straight away was they wanted to get someone lined up. At least a well run club would do it that way, but this is Newcastle so who knows. 

The first beheading and what a large head to chop. 

Unconfirmed reports it's a mutual decision because Bruce has been sounded out over the forthcoming Manchester Utd job.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

Get Rafa back you know it makes sense

I know you're joking but this is actually probably the most sensible thing they could do. He'd be perfect to come in there, buy a few defenders in January and hunker down and get them to 17th this season. Then they can spend big next summer and look to finish top half.

Plus there would be the benefit of watching all the Blues' heads fall off.

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

The first beheading and what a large head to chop. 

Unconfirmed reports it's a mutual decision because Bruce has been sounded out over the forthcoming Manchester Utd job.

I think we're gonna need a bigger basket

Executioner with ax stock photo. Image of vertical, beeswax - 31363238

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

How does he think the cabbage feels ?

He’s alright Bruce though in my opinion. Seems like a decent fella, waves to the kop when we give him stick. I think he’s a shit manager but then what English manager isn’t?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

He’s alright Bruce though in my opinion. Seems like a decent fella, waves to the kop when we give him stick. I think he’s a shit manager but then what English manager isn’t?

Yeah, he seems quite sound. Certainly in comparison to the rest of the LMA gang.

My favourite memory of Bruce was when he was managing Birmingham in a Saturday lunch time kick off, he'd had his head kicked in the night before by 2 burglars and he was battered black and blue and bloated.

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

How does he think the cabbage feels ?

Last few lines are like an outtake from that Bowie song on Extras. ‘Chubby little loser…’ 

• Upvote 1