You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

They might well do, haven’t they got some weird rivalry with each other?

I recall back in the old Shanklygates days, when rival supporters could “banter” with each other on the same website, Toon and Ev fans used to go at each other about who was the biggest club out of the two, well, it was really who was the least unsuccessful. 
Our blue brethren would argue they’d won the Cup Winners Cup and FA cup more recently, the Toon would argue they had bigger support even though they hadn’t won anything since the Cities FairsCup in 1969. 
There was a young chap called Dave Kelly in the Blue corner who seemed to be right pissed that we had won anything.

Happy days.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, coachpotato said:

I recall back in the old Shanklygates days, when rival supporters could “banter” with each other on the same website, Toon and Ev fans used to go at each other about who was the biggest club out of the two, well, it was really who was the least unsuccessful. 
Our blue brethren would argue they’d won the Cup Winners Cup and FA cup more recently, the Toon would argue they had bigger support even though they hadn’t won anything since the Cities FairsCup in 1969. 
There was a young chap called Dave Kelly in the Blue corner who seemed to be right pissed that we had won anything.

Happy days.

Mmmm.. I wonder where we've heard that name before. 

1 hour ago, coachpotato said:

I recall back in the old Shanklygates days, when rival supporters could “banter” with each other on the same website, Toon and Ev fans used to go at each other about who was the biggest club out of the two,

Tough call. 

I wouldn’t like to comment on who’s least small.

Well, I feel a bad cunt ripping her about her looks now.

In 2013, two years after her marriage to the British-Iranian financier Mehrdad Ghodoussi, Staveley tested positive for Huntington’s disease, an incurable and ultimately fatal brain condition (she is said to have attended a business meeting after receiving the news).

There are probably few situations less medically advisable than being the person between Mohammed bin Salman and thousands of passionate fans, but her prognosis does not seem to have diminished her appetite for stress. With takeovers happening daily –

Newcastle is one of more than 120 British companies that have been bought by private equity so far this year – it is very much the season of the dealmaker.

4 hours ago, coachpotato said:

Happy days.

Haha, those were the days. Young James is now head of Liverpool.tv programming or something. Cant remember the other lad who ran the Pass and Move website that morphed together with ShanklyGates on the ESPN platform.

I remember Dave Kelly on SG, He wasnt a paranoid then as he is now.

Went to see the baby grandson this avvie so recorded the game. Saw ant and dec were there. Yeah, nothing like bandwagon jumpers, is there?

It all turned to shit after 15 minutes. Kind of feel for Bruce. Toon fans glorifying the Saudis and telling him he's  getting sacked in the morning. What a bunch of sad sacks they are. Just a bunch of glory hunters. Sadly, one day they will be winning titles and trophies.

14 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

All I can say is that if Liverpool were ever to be taken over by owners with the track record Newcastle’s have, then I’d at least be respectful of the hundreds of thousands of victims at their hands. In fact, I hope I’d know I could have no part of it. 

I think what we’ve seen here is a microcosm of the society we’ve become. In the land of Wor Jackie, the ‘I’m alright Jack’ mentality reigns supreme. 

We are owned by hedge funders with direct links to the people responsible for the carnage in the Middle East over the last couple of decades. While we aren't (on paper at least) as bad as Newcastle's new owners,I for one will only take moral high ground as a human being rather than as a football fan of a club with morally clear consciences.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We are owned by hedge funders with direct links to the people responsible for the carnage in the Middle East over the last couple of decades. While we aren't (on paper at least) as bad as Newcastle's new owners,I for one will only take moral high ground as a human being rather than as a football fan of a club with morally clear consciences.

What the fuck are you on about?

We are not owned by hedge funders who have direct links to the people responsible for the carnage in the Middle East.

Newcastle's owner is the exact person directing the illegal war in Yemen.  He's the guy who sets the policies on human rights abuses.  And the very man who ordered the brutal murder of a journalist reporting on his regime.

If you can't take exception to that then you are a disgracefully stupid person. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

13 hours ago, Anubis said:

Made a good point that everyone should be taught CPR though.

Definitely

13 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Is the medical emergency a journalist who’s mysteriously managed to chop himself up? 

He's accidentally, brutally cut off his own head with a bone saw. 

15 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

What the fuck are you on about?

We are not owned by hedge funders who have direct links to the people responsible for the carnage in the Middle East.

Newcastle's owner is the exact person directing the illegal war in Yemen.  He's the guy who sets the policies on human rights abuses.  And the very man who ordered the brutal murder of a journalist reporting on his regime.

If you can't take exception to that then you are a disgracefully stupid person. 

Arent our owners friends of Bush,Trump and various members of US governments who've reduced Afghanistan,Iraq,Syria et al to rubble over the last two decades or so? Maybe 'friends with' is a more apt description. Even so,I don't use LFC's owners as any bastion of moral fortitude in the murky world of PL ownership. I despise City's lot and now the latest and biggest gang of cunts have  become involved. This is without Abramovich and Everton's dodgy owners plus more besides.

16 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Arent our owners friends of Bush,Trump and various members of US governments who've reduced Afghanistan,Iraq,Syria et al to rubble over the last two decades or so? Maybe 'friends with' is a more apt description. Even so,I don't use LFC's owners as any bastion of moral fortitude in the murky world of PL ownership. I despise City's lot and now the latest and biggest gang of cunts have  become involved. This is without Abramovich and Everton's dodgy owners plus more besides.

No

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If anything, our owners are 'friends' with Clinton, Obama, and the Democrat mob (not that they're saints when it comes to the Middle East either), although there's absolutely zero moral equivalence between FSG and the Saudi lot. Fuck sakes! 

The options aren't 'be a bastion of moral fortitude or be of the same moral standing as murderous oppressive dictators'.