You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I hoping that this acquisition will mean the words Al-Yamamah deal will become better known in the UK, 'the most corrupt transaction in the history of the world'. The red in the face little Englanders like to think that Britain is a proud nation but the country has been pimping its services out to every tinpot dictator going. Flight capital indeed.

• Upvote 1

I vaguely remember (I think it's was one of the journalist Cockburn brothers) being relayed on the radio that an altercation had happened in West London when the security of a minor Saudi royal had beaten up a guy on the street, he had intimated he was going to call the police to which they replied 'what are you going to do about it? We own the queen', which I remember laughing at.

14 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

They’ll certainly try for a flagship signing imo. Probably offer Kane half a million a week or something like that. Conti will be manager by then I’m sure he’ll have further plans. They’ll definitely buy in January 

Can't see conti taking over untile they have some semblance of a decent squad. He won't want to be in a relegation scrap I'm sure

While I can somewhat understand the Geordies for being so desparate for success that they would welcome a bunch of scumbags that would make the Taliban look like the Salvation Army, I can't believe that they would go this far.

We go on about being a unique city and stuff like this proves it. I genuinely doubt that more than 10% of Liverpool fans would welcome being taken over by the Saudis. Everton fans would be a much higher percentage, but even still, nothing like the Geordies.

Shit likes this just proves how broken the country is. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

While I can somewhat understand the Geordies for being so desparate for success that they would welcome a bunch of scumbags that would make the Taliban look like the Salvation Army, I can't believe that they would go this far.

We go on about being a unique city and stuff like this proves it. I genuinely doubt that more than 10% of Liverpool fans would welcome being taken over by the Saudis. Everton fans would be a much higher percentage, but even still, nothing like the Geordies.

Our fans were all in for DIC. I know they're not quite the same, but they're the same ball park. 

8 minutes ago, Mudface said:

To be fair, Mandela was a right mingebag, even tighter than FSG.

Bringing South Africa together would because nothing compared to healing wounds in our split fan base. 

Just imagine if were shit. 

https://socceronsunday.com/article/neymar-its-always-been-my-dream-to-play-for-newcastle/

Neymar Jr has insisted that playing for Newcastle UTD would fulfil a lifelong dream that began 3,000 miles away in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The club gained approval this week to be bought by a Saudi-backed investment group.

Neymar

“Playing for ‘The Toon’ has always been my dream,” the PSG forward told Soccer on Sunday. “I worship all the Newcastle greats — Alan Shearman, Niall Quinn, Kevin Coogan. I have posters of them on my wall to this day, alongside some very raunchy photos of my sister. She’s a demon in the sack, I’ve heard. What was the question again?”

“It would be an honour to play at St James’ Park,” said Neymar. “Obviously the one you call Brucey is a dead man walking, but to play for the next gaffer, whoever he is, would also be my lifelong dream.”

“My sister’s smoking hot,” he added, a bulge growing in the crotch of his tracksuit.

Screenshot_20211009-125917_Facebook.jpg

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there would be PLENTY of Liverpool fans who would be very happy to see us bought by a sportswashing dictatorship.

Just search up the FSGOUT hashtag on twitter. We have plenty of fans whose morality is as thin as a sheet of paper who are more interested in big-money transfers than wins.

It’s pretty shit but it’s not the Newcastle fans fault, is it? What are they supposed to do? Just walk away from the club? There’s a lot of whataboutery happening online that would be the same as we’d be doing if we were them. Don’t pretend otherwise. You’d get the odd Liverpool fan walking away but the vast majority wouldn’t. Who owns the club is simply not the fans fault. 

People say Chelsea and City won the lottery. Looks like Newcastle have won the fucking Euromillions jackpot. 

If I was them I’d be excited to see the team fast tracked to the top, obviously. The shittest thing they’re doing is running around waving the Saudi flag and dressing up in Arabian garb. That’s not nice. 

• Upvote 6

I'd fuck this club off instantly if it was bought by the butcher of Yemen. Geordies should be ashamed of their reaction, hero worshipping putting on masks and dressing up. That True Geordie lad had a reaction video of himself crying when Logan Paul filmed the body of a young lad hanging from a tree now he's dancing because a man who ordered the murder and dismemberment of a journalist because he didn't like what his opinions where has bought his football team and will give them some of his blood money. A nation state that beheads gay people, tortures women or anybody they believe to of crossed a line, it isn't guilt by association its the ruler the rule maker of Saudi that's bought Newcastle. He can murder and torture purely because of his status. Its fuck all to do with Newcastle getting rich owners but who these owners are, it's not cryarsing about more competition or even the destruction of competitiveness there was a thread when Jamal Khashoggi was lured to an embassy  murdered and chopped into tiny bits while his girlfriend sat outside on here and the sentiment was the same whether hes bought a club now or not. The Premier league are a disgrace any journalists, pundits or footballers waxing lyrical about this and dare mentioning any kind of social causes or injustices need shooting down.

• Upvote 11

15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s pretty shit but it’s not the Newcastle fans fault, is it? What are they supposed to do? Just walk away from the club? There’s a lot of whataboutery happening online that would be the same as we’d be doing if we were them. Don’t pretend otherwise. You’d get the odd Liverpool fan walking away but the vast majority wouldn’t. Who owns the club is simply not the fans fault. 

People say Chelsea and City won the lottery. Looks like Newcastle have won the fucking Euromillions jackpot. 

If I was them I’d be excited to see the team fast tracked to the top, obviously. The shittest thing they’re doing is running around waving the Saudi flag and dressing up in Arabian garb. That’s not nice. 

No one blames the fans for being excited about winning more games.

That's not the problem. At all. The problem is when they know their club is going to be used to sportswash the reputation of a bunch of evil crooks and they willfully engage in the sportswashing. 

There is no doubt that this purchase is going to mean that Newcastle will win many, many more games than they would under other ownership. It is normal for their fans to celebrate this, and no one blames them for that at all.

However, there is also no doubt that the purchase is happening because the murderous sheikhs who run Saudi Arabia think that if they can make their club win games, the fans will defend their reputation online and in the media. And there is absolutely no reason for their fans to do this. They could simply say "yes, I'm glad we're not owned by Mike Ashley any more, and I'm glad we're going to compete for trophies, but no, the Saudis are not good people and indeed I hope for something closer to justice in that country." That would be an easy position to take!

Yet you're seeing people dress up like MBS in a Newcastle shirt, celebrating not just Newcastle but the sheikh himself, which is a totally unnecessary leap of logic. You're basically ensuring that the reputation of your club is dragged down by the owners rather than keeping the two separate.

And for that, yes, I blame the fans.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

No one blames the fans for being excited about winning more games.

That's not the problem. At all. The problem is when they know their club is going to be used to sportswash the reputation of a bunch of evil crooks and they willfully engage in the sportswashing. 

There is no doubt that this purchase is going to mean that Newcastle will win many, many more games than they would under other ownership. It is normal for their fans to celebrate this, and no one blames them for that at all.

However, there is also no doubt that the purchase is happening because the murderous sheikhs who run Saudi Arabia think that if they can make their club win games, the fans will defend their reputation online and in the media. And there is absolutely no reason for their fans to do this. They could simply say "yes, I'm glad we're not owned by Mike Ashley any more, and I'm glad we're going to compete for trophies, but no, the Saudis are not good people and indeed I hope for something closer to justice in that country." That would be an easy position to take!

Yet you're seeing people dress up like MBS in a Newcastle shirt, celebrating not just Newcastle but the sheikh himself, which is a totally unnecessary leap of logic. You're basically ensuring that the reputation of your club is dragged down by the owners rather than keeping the two separate.

And for that, yes, I blame the fans.

I totally agree. You’ve put it better than I could. 

To be fair, there is a fair bit of dissent on the Newcastle forums, but it’s tempered by the fact that they’ve just gotten rid of their worst ever owner. 

Difficult thing to level for them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Geordie Shore Saudi Friendly. 

Katie has bought a new dress but is worried as it is showing a bit of ankle.

Davey is still recovering after losing his hand for using Kev’s toothpaste.

Shazza is losing her head after shagging Paolo. The execution is 2.45 match day St James Park.

I'm somewhere near NMI and the Cap'n on this. Can't blame them for being happy to  get rid of Ashley and they can quite rightly point out that there seems to be very little widespread condemnation of our vast arms sales to the Saudis. If the supporters' groups were to position themselves as doubling down on opposition to race hate and homophobia in the hope that it filters through in some small way to the Saudi mindset , I could accept that , but these twats dressing up as Sheiks etc. need fucking launching.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I'm somewhere near NMI and the Cap'n on this. Can't blame them for being happy to  get rid of Ashley and they can quite rightly point out that there seems to be very little widespread condemnation of our vast arms sales to the Saudis. If the supporters' groups were to position themselves as doubling down on opposition to race hate and homophobia in the hope that it filters through in some small way to the Saudi mindset , I could accept that , but these twats dressing up as Sheiks etc. need fucking launching.

The most egregious example of what you're talking about was the NUFC supporters group for LGBT supporters putting out a statement that they welcomed the new ownership.

Like ... you don't have to do that! It would be fine if you said "we're happy for the club to be more successful but we still wish to register protest with how LGBT people are treated in Saudi Arabia" that would be fine. And probably appreciated by LGBT people suffering under discriminatory regimes!

• Upvote 1