17 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Should have gone to Bimby's under the now demolished cinema. About the only place in Newcastle who did a decent fish and chips (unless you travelled out to Gossie). Mind you, they werent open at night.

Selling kebabs from under a demolished building sounds like an authentic Yemeni experience.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Selling kebabs from under a demolished building sounds like an authentic Yemeni experience.

Needed to get out to Jesmond for a decent kebab my travelling partner used to say. I dont like kebabs so had to take his word. The Cradlewell used to do a good all day breakfast.

36 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Gerrard and Conte both in at 5/1 favourites for the managers job. 

I'd  live with Conte (or any other top) manager taking the pay cheque and going there as it means they ain't going to Utd.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I assume we're not allowed mention the murder of Jamal Khashoggi in relation to this take over? 

4 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yep. Cack-handed as the execution was.

Newcastle and weirdly Leeds fans saying they are proper clubs with the best atmosphere in the country. Repeatedly saying the atmosphere of Anfield is a myth.

Leeds took 4000 fans to Colchester once and think they have the best fans in the world. 

Probably unpopular opinion but I actually wouldn't mind Stevie going there. Not convinced he'd be ready to follow Klopp, and if he's a roaring success he'd happily leave them for us

2 minutes ago, etho said:

Probably unpopular opinion but I actually wouldn't mind Stevie going there. Not convinced he'd be ready to follow Klopp, and if he's a roaring success he'd happily leave them for us

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

To be fair to Newcastle they actually do have a fanbase that will create atmospheres etc, unlike City and Chelsea.

If you chuck in Newcastle with Chelsea and City spending wise its going to be concerning for the rest of us.        

That said, Staveley/the jubilant fans/the counting chickens before they've hatched gives me a feeling this will not go quite as planned for them.

25 minutes ago, Elite said:

Football is gonna be really shit soon.

It already is. Klopp and a very likeable squad are the only reason I still watch any footy.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Newcastle and weirdly Leeds fans saying they are proper clubs with the best atmosphere in the country. Repeatedly saying the atmosphere of Anfield is a myth.

Leeds took 4000 fans to Colchester once and think they have the best fans in the world. 

Shame Leeds lost that Colchester game 3-2. Was one of the great FA Cup upsets.

8 minutes ago, etho said:

Not sure that's something I'd be able to overlook tbh, real watershed moment in football this. Unfortunately there's far too many excuses being made already. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Em City said:

It already is. Klopp and a very likeable squad are the only reason I still watch any footy.

I do wonder how many lads will start to swerve it after Klopp leaves, it's definitely something I'm considering if this nonsense carries on. The mental gymnastics being done already would be hilarious if people weren't still being blown up

• Upvote 2

Sell out crowd to watch their next home game apparently. Same manager (for the time being) and same old team. But new owners of disrepute put 10,000 on the gate. Funny old world.

I think this will be the last season I have real interest in football. I have been losing a lot of love for it in recent years (despite us winning the league and CL) and this is the final straw for me.

• Upvote 3

I’m glad we managed to win the league and CL when we did.

football was ruined by money a long time ago but it still felt like you could do something with a fair wind. Now it’s just who has the deepest pockets. If Newcastle spend like city the league is going to be very difficult not win not to mention the fact that it’s another set of spoilt twats to deal with. 

1 hour ago, etho said:

If they let him leave.