Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:


The Geordies are deluded if they think they are signing him.

 

But then again, Geordies are deluded. 

Be too soon to get him I'd have thought but just like City it took them a couple of years of overpaying and signing players they finally got to a stage they can compete and get anybody in world football. same will happen with Newcastle unfortunately.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Nothing wrong with rainbow laces - this is exactly the kind of time they're intended for. 

Yeah. One look at those laces and they'll be renouncing their death penalty as quick as you can say Sheik Yerbouti. 

 

In fact I think we should have more clubs owned by these repellent despots. And let's have more competitions held in their countries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


What a thoroughly odd looking woman.

120716wildenstein4sh.jpg?quality=80&stri

 

25 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

opinion_09_temp-1473572531-57d4eeb3-620x348.jpg

Nah that's the Mansfield Purse-strings Holder who incidentally has been oiled more times than the Tin-Man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rb14 said:

Yeah. One look at those laces and they'll be renouncing their death penalty as quick as you can say Sheik Yerbouti. 

 

In fact I think we should have more clubs owned by these repellent despots. And let's have more competitions held in their countries. 

The laces are a visible symbol of inclusion, that will be broadcast even in nations that are systemically homophobic. It's a small positive step.

 

I don't get the leap from your first paragraph to your second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Be too soon to get him I'd have thought but just like City it took them a couple of years of overpaying and signing players they finally got to a stage they can compete and get anybody in world football. same will happen with Newcastle unfortunately.

 


At least there is one club who’ll be able to afford Salah if we can’t agree an extension by the summer..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Code said:

How many wars have the Saudis started the last 40 years?

 

We have American owners and we are an English club. 
 

Im not sure we should start to compare deaths caused by our governments.

Yeah, to be fair I don't think the massacres in Yemen really count as a war...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see a lot of players refusing to go there because of the Saudi regime and also the state of the Kebabs in that one on Pilgrim st in the city centre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The laces are a visible symbol of inclusion, that will be broadcast even in nations that are systemically homophobic. It's a small positive step.

 

I don't get the leap from your first paragraph to your second.

I really really don't think they are. I think a single statement from the Premier League saying something along the lines of: "We wholly condemn the decision to hold the World Cup in a country that outlaws homosexuality and can issue the death penalty to gay people." might be a small positive step. Rolling out the red carpet to yet another wholly anti-gay country whilst wearing rainbow laces really doesn't cut it for me.

 

It's like getting players to wear "support vegans" socks whilst being sponsored by McDonalds.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rb14 said:

I really really don't think they are. I think a single statement from the Premier League saying something along the lines of: "We wholly condemn the decision to hold the World Cup in a country that outlaws homosexuality and can issue the death penalty to gay people." might be a small positive step. Rolling out the red carpet to yet another wholly anti-gay country whilst wearing rainbow laces really doesn't cut it for me.

 

It's like getting players to wear "support vegans" socks whilst being sponsored by McDonalds.

I agree, they're completely incompatible. As a solitary idea though, the laces are a small step in the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Public investment fund? Not sure they’ll be seeing many returns…

 


 

Wasn't Andy the Royal Peado banging her once? Seems that's how she got to know the purse string holders in certain countries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Public investment fund? Not sure they’ll be seeing many returns…

 


 

"Our partner is not the Saudi state." But the man in charge of this PIF is the de facto ruler of Saudi Arabia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I can see a lot of players refusing to go there because of the Saudi regime and also the state of the Kebabs in that one on Pilgrim st in the city centre. 

Shit aren’t they in fairness you can tell before you go in.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I can see a lot of players refusing to go there because of the Saudi regime and also the state of the Kebabs in that one on Pilgrim st in the city centre. 

Should have gone to Bimby's under the now demolished cinema. About the only place in Newcastle who did a decent fish and chips (unless you travelled out to Gossie). Mind you, they werent open at night.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Latest Round Up

  • Last Match Report

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • Posts

    • Ok I never wanted to post this but seeing as so many of us are arguing with each other, we're now on the subject of vaccination deaths, and over the last few months things have escalated to people being fine with mandatory vaccines I'm going to.   I would never have posted this before for two reasons : I didn't want to cause fear about vaccines if the data was off, and I didn't have access to the underlying data. And I still don't, but recently a fact checking site which I'm going to assume some of you would consider reliable has confirmed the figures, even though it's been clear to point out that the cause of these deaths isn't clear.   So this fact checking site also provides balance for those of you that think I'm fear mongering.   The subject is child deaths since the vaccine was rolled out. Here's the article that made me concerned a while back : Deaths among male Children are 83% higher than the 5-year-average since they were given the Covid-19 Vaccine   Now if you can simply look at the data there it points to something that should be a concern. If you read all the text it's clearly blaming the vaccines, but if you want you can simply ignore every bit of text and look at the data provided in the images.   And here's the fact checking article : No evidence linking deaths among children to vaccine rollout   Here's the two quotes confirming the data :       Why didn't I look at the data myself? Simply because when checking the ONS site and trying to access it I get asked to open an .xlsx file (Microsoft Excel) and I can't open it. I figured that if this was really a concern others would post this later on anyway and I'd see it again, which I have done several times since. I never had anyone else confirming the data though.   The last thing that still stopped me posting it was this thought : what about kids that died from covid last year?   Then I found this :     Child mortality in England during the COVID-19 pandemic   And there's also this from the ONS where we do actually have some numbers posted because it's a response to an FOI request : How many children died from long Covid-19 in the UK
    • The Ballon D’or is a glorified piss up for all the UEFA free loaders and cronies, so it’s hardly surprising the results are flawed, if you’re not in the click you don’t stand a chance and, to be fair, Messi and Ronaldo have been standout players over the last 10 years, so no wonder they just keep giving it to either of them. Easy option.
    • Is this a nod to the Shining?
    • Are you sure that's not Rafa's house?
  • new UK casino
  • Topics

×