You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oh and Howe takes the money in his bank account every month and chose to do so, despite knowing the source of those funds and where they're coming from and the likely interest in it from the press and public - maybe he holds his nose but he takes it anyway. I'd sympathise more if he had been manager beforehand and simply saw his bosses replaced because the only way out of that is to resign; that feels more drastic than choosing not to take a job.

Howe could have been getting Everton relegated but he chose this money instead, so fuck him and fuck Tuchel. I've no problem with them taking the jobs, everyone has to get paid. But they didn't have to choose jobs where there was likely to be noise and awkward questions and these are awkward questions that we should be asking (of Staveley as well in fairness).

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, RedHeadedRed said:

I have no sympathy for Howe or Tuchel they knew exactly who they are involved with especially Tuchel his last job was with the Qatar monstrosity in Paris, he obviously has no qualms about where his paychecks come from.

This. 

Both are multimillionaires, they can easily be more selective who they work for. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Eddie Howe should walk if he had any a shred of decency. 

Nah he'll probably be on about a 20 million quid pay off when they jib him in the summer 

I just wish he'd open his mouth a bit wider when he talks the shifty get 

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Why?

The fact you have to ask that question speaks volumes. So I'll bite. 

He's adding legitimacy to a barbaric regime that is executing and persecuting people, murders 81 people in a single day, commits daily wR crimes in Yemen and are led by a man who has journalists killed, cup and and their bodies disposed of just because said journalist had the front to write negative stories about them. 

Taking their blood money for his own gains is quote frankly abhorrent. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

The fact you have to ask that question speaks volumes. So I'll bite. 

He's adding legitimacy to a barbaric regime that is executing and persecuting people, murders 81 people in a single day, commits daily wR crimes in Yemen and are led by a man who has journalists killed, cup and and their bodies disposed of just because said journalist had the front to write negative stories about them. 

Taking their blood money for his own gains is quote frankly abhorrent. 

To be clear you didn't want him to resign a week ago? 

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

To be clear you didn't want him to resign a week ago? 

I didn't want the cunts anywhere near football to begin with and anyone who entertains them or becomes a part of that shower can get fucked. The same goes for the cunts down the lancs as well.

As for Eddie Howe him taking his thirty pieces of Silver. I hope he chokes on it. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Seems an odd country where moral guidance against another state is expected to be laid down by a football manager rather than the prime minister who is over there selling arms to help kill and mutilate people.

Do these things need to be mutually exclusive? Can't both be challenged and asked different questions relating to the same subject? 

And it's not any old football manager is it? It's not like they've popped in and asked Kieran McKenna what he thinks is it? They're asking the face of the Saudi sportswashing operation. I don't think anyone is saying Johnson (in fact the whole of parliament, because a labour government would be no different) shouldn't be held to account. It's just that doesn't get Howe off scot free. 

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

I didn't want the cunts anywhere near football to begin with and anyone who entertains them or becomes a part of that shower can get fucked. The same goes for the cunts down the lancs as well.

As for Eddie Howe him taking his thirty pieces of Silver. I hope he chokes on it. 

Agreed. The UK gubmint did though and that is all that matters.

I have no problem with Eddie Howe taking their money, but it is a cop out then saying only to talk about football. If you decide to work for anyone, then you do the whole package, not just part of it. You don't get to be selective as that. Similar goes for working for Nike and their sweat shops etc. You take their money, then you don't get the cop out.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

What's he meant to say though? "Yeah my owners are cunts" or "yeah we lobbed 81 heads off I'm gonna lob the head off it when I get it as well did you see that bird in Row 8? "

"Who cares if the owners are a bit choppy uppy?  I'm here for the footy". 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...