You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Whoever they get now is not the manager they really want. This appointment is to keep them up, the next one if they stay up will be to get them in the top 6 or 4, the one after that is to win something. If they go down (fingers crossed) they will need someone to get them out of the EFL.

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Looks like it could be Eddie Howe then...The same Eddie Howe who in his last job got a team relegated 

I think he took them from League One to the Premier League, didnt he? I dont think having a relegation on your cv defines a poor manager. Even Rafa and Jurgen have managed relegation teams.

5 hours ago, Baltar said:

Christ, all this time I thought Paulo Fonseca was Daniel Fonseca, who played in Serie A in the 90s. Who the fuck is this  Paulo Fonseca that all these English clubs are getting a hard-on for?

Now that I've googled both of them I've only just realised that whenever Paulo Fonseca has been mentioned I thought they meant Paolo Futre. 

19 hours ago, Stickman said:

Looks like it could be Eddie Howe then...The same Eddie Howe who in his last job got a team relegated 

C’mon Eddie, we need that £50m for Nat Phillips. 

IMO, they’ll go down under Howe. Newcastle are actually decent enough going forwards, but they are woeful at the back. I can’t see Howe changing that dynamic.

Well, not unless he gives us £50m for Big Nat anyway. 

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

C’mon Eddie, we need that £50m for Nat Phillips. 

IMO, they’ll go down under Howe. Newcastle are actually decent enough going forwards, but they are woeful at the back. I can’t see Howe changing that dynamic.

Well, not unless he gives us £50m for Big Nat anyway. 

I've got a lot of time for Eddie Howe, but his teams were always streaky and he'd be a disaster for Newcastle if they appoint him now. They're already in a shit run, they can't afford another one. If they have another 2 points in 2 months run under Nice Guy Eddie they'll be done.

1 minute ago, Manny said:

I've got a lot of time for Eddie Howe, but his teams were always streaky and he'd be a disaster for Newcastle if they appoint him now. They're already in a shit run, they can't afford another one. If they have another 2 points in 2 months run under Nice Guy Eddie they'll be done.

Hopefully.