You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League clubs have voted to temporarily block teams agreeing lucrative sponsorship deals linked to a club's owners after the Saudi Arabia-backed £305m takeover of Newcastle.

Eighteen clubs voted in favour of the ban at an emergency meeting on Monday.

Newcastle voted against and Manchester City abstained, with both questioning the legality of the move.

3 hours ago, Jennings said:

Premier League clubs have voted to temporarily block teams agreeing lucrative sponsorship deals linked to a club's owners after the Saudi Arabia-backed £305m takeover of Newcastle.

Eighteen clubs voted in favour of the ban at an emergency meeting on Monday.

Newcastle voted against and Manchester City abstained, with both questioning the legality of the move.

Commence operation "close stable door".

My bird’s mum and dad are Geordies. Her dad doesn’t really talk much about footy because they’re shite. I’m interested to see if that changes now because he’s not an arsehole, he’s a good bloke. I know he streams games on his laptop if he’s in but he’s not one who watches games religiously.

He came over to watch one Liverpool vs Newcastle game here but he drank a bottle and a half of red wine before half time and was nodding off for most of the second half. It was a shit game, to be fair. 

Her mum doesn’t watch footy but I can’t post about her dad without mentioning that her ma is a snide little goblin cunt. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

Get Rafa back you know it makes sense

I know you're joking but this is actually probably the most sensible thing they could do. He'd be perfect to come in there, buy a few defenders in January and hunker down and get them to 17th this season. Then they can spend big next summer and look to finish top half.

Plus there would be the benefit of watching all the Blues' heads fall off.

9 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

He’s alright Bruce though in my opinion. Seems like a decent fella, waves to the kop when we give him stick. I think he’s a shit manager but then what English manager isn’t?

Yeah, he seems quite sound. Certainly in comparison to the rest of the LMA gang.