You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

22 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

Clearly someone who has never spent any time in County Durham or Northumberland.

However, I'd advise you don't chance it. There is a strong chance you may realise how mint it is and then we'd have to put up with complete fucking idiots like you turning up in the area. 

Thought about this, you're right. I was speaking from a place of ignorance having only been in the cities themselves when going to aways. Sorry, dude. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, etho said:

Probably unpopular opinion but I actually wouldn't mind Stevie going there. Not convinced he'd be ready to follow Klopp, and if he's a roaring success he'd happily leave them for us

Fuck that. Wouldn't want him anywhere near us if he took that job. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

January window could be fun. I hope they start bidding for City players that are on long contracts.

I can see them going for Kane

Barcelona could be about to get lucky.

They should be looking at the Bissouma (before his issues) and Raphina level and packing the team with players on the cusp of a break through but they're more likely to go the aging 'star' route for the prestige.

https://socceronsunday.com/article/im-a-dead-man-walking-admits-steve-bruce/

Steve Bruce has admitted that his two year stint as manager of Newcastle UTD might be nearing an end. The 60 year-old is expected to be an early casualty of the club’s takeover by a Saudi investment group.

“That’s me fucked, if you’ll pardon my French,” he told Soccer on Sunday. “These Saudis are going to want to bring in someone sexier, like Conte. Is Antonio sexier than me? According to my missus, yes. She says she’d let him pound her into next week, even if I was downstairs. It was quite a hurtful conversation, to be fair.”

“It’s hard,” said the former defender. “I went to top up my canteen card, and Vera behind the counter said, ‘You’re a dead man walking Brucey, you dozy shitebag. That money will just linger on the card long after you’ve been slung onto the scrapheap.’ Another hurtful conversation, if I’m honest.”

“She can be quite cruel, Vera,” he added, his voice cracking and his eyes reddening.

Screenshot_20211008-174115_Facebook.jpg

• Upvote 2

They won't make the champions league within the next 5 seasons. After that they could well monopolise football but it's harder than ever to break into the top in this league. They won't have European football next season (could still even get relegated this season) so won't be an attractive proposition to many top players at all. It will be a slow burn. Amanda Staveley looks like she was conceived by The Beast from Beauty and the Beast and Kryton from Red Dwarf. I used to think she was a bit of a minx as well. 

23 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

https://socceronsunday.com/article/im-a-dead-man-walking-admits-steve-bruce/

Steve Bruce has admitted that his two year stint as manager of Newcastle UTD might be nearing an end. The 60 year-old is expected to be an early casualty of the club’s takeover by a Saudi investment group.

“That’s me fucked, if you’ll pardon my French,” he told Soccer on Sunday. “These Saudis are going to want to bring in someone sexier, like Conte. Is Antonio sexier than me? According to my missus, yes. She says she’d let him pound her into next week, even if I was downstairs. It was quite a hurtful conversation, to be fair.”

“It’s hard,” said the former defender. “I went to top up my canteen card, and Vera behind the counter said, ‘You’re a dead man walking Brucey, you dozy shitebag. That money will just linger on the card long after you’ve been slung onto the scrapheap.’ Another hurtful conversation, if I’m honest.”

“She can be quite cruel, Vera,” he added, his voice cracking and his eyes reddening.

Screenshot_20211008-174115_Facebook.jpg

He'll be mailed back to his family. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

They won't make the champions league within the next 5 seasons. After that they could well monopolise football but it's harder than ever to break into the top in this league. They won't have European football next season (could still even get relegated this season) so won't be an attractive proposition to many top players at all. It will be a slow burn. Amanda Staveley looks like she was conceived by The Beast from Beauty and the Beast and Kryton from Red Dwarf. I used to think she was a bit of a minx as well. 

If reports are to be believed, Coutinho being lined up as one of their first 'stellar' signings. If they offer stupid money, players will sign. Plenty went to China for daft money and it even worked for city.