You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

17 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Should have gone to Bimby's under the now demolished cinema. About the only place in Newcastle who did a decent fish and chips (unless you travelled out to Gossie). Mind you, they werent open at night.

Selling kebabs from under a demolished building sounds like an authentic Yemeni experience.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Selling kebabs from under a demolished building sounds like an authentic Yemeni experience.

Needed to get out to Jesmond for a decent kebab my travelling partner used to say. I dont like kebabs so had to take his word. The Cradlewell used to do a good all day breakfast.

To be fair to Newcastle they actually do have a fanbase that will create atmospheres etc, unlike City and Chelsea.

If you chuck in Newcastle with Chelsea and City spending wise its going to be concerning for the rest of us.        

That said, Staveley/the jubilant fans/the counting chickens before they've hatched gives me a feeling this will not go quite as planned for them.

8 minutes ago, etho said:

Probably unpopular opinion but I actually wouldn't mind Stevie going there. Not convinced he'd be ready to follow Klopp, and if he's a roaring success he'd happily leave them for us

Not sure that's something I'd be able to overlook tbh, real watershed moment in football this. Unfortunately there's far too many excuses being made already. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Newcastle and weirdly Leeds fans saying they are proper clubs with the best atmosphere in the country. Repeatedly saying the atmosphere of Anfield is a myth.

Leeds took 4000 fans to Colchester once and think they have the best fans in the world. 

Shame Leeds lost that Colchester game 3-2. Was one of the great FA Cup upsets.

1 minute ago, Em City said:

It already is. Klopp and a very likeable squad are the only reason I still watch any footy.

I do wonder how many lads will start to swerve it after Klopp leaves, it's definitely something I'm considering if this nonsense carries on. The mental gymnastics being done already would be hilarious if people weren't still being blown up

• Upvote 2

I’m glad we managed to win the league and CL when we did.

football was ruined by money a long time ago but it still felt like you could do something with a fair wind. Now it’s just who has the deepest pockets. If Newcastle spend like city the league is going to be very difficult not win not to mention the fact that it’s another set of spoilt twats to deal with. 

1 hour ago, etho said:

Probably unpopular opinion but I actually wouldn't mind Stevie going there. Not convinced he'd be ready to follow Klopp, and if he's a roaring success he'd happily leave them for us

If they let him leave.