You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Why would this matter when our government sells them weapons to commit this brutality?  Football rulers morals are no better.

Our government shouldn't be selling them weapons but then if you sold someone a kitchen knife legitimately and he went on a stabbing spree and became known as say the Butcher of Yemen or he used that knife to kill and dismember someone who said things he didn't like would that be your fault for selling him the knife. Governments and power do terrible shit doesn't mean we should give them every opportunity to do what the fuck they like, especially things like buying into our sports to sell themselves as winners. I'd think exactly the same if they bought our club id walk away.

I think the PL's 'objection' to this deal was the Saudi's have proven links to, ahem, pirated transmissions of games and, as the Saudi's revoked BeIn Sports license, there was no way games could legitimately be shown in the country.

Of course that doesnt mean some arrangement couldnt have been made but it seems to me the Saudi's thought they could cock a snoot at the PL and do what they want.

Ive a couple of friends who are toon fans and they are just desparate to get rid of Ashley. We've discussed it and Ive pointed out the Saudi's arent a good advert for Newcastle but they see Ashley as a bigger millstone.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

The hatred for Ashley by Geordies is something to behold. I wonder if it bothers him. 

In any case there will be more than a few tears dripping into pints of Newcastle Broon this week. 

He's hated as he was meant to be a massive Newcastle fan but instead of doing everything in his power to make them a success he's turned out to be a monumental cunt, that appears to care little about the club.

19 hours ago, Anubis said:

We run FIFA, UEFA, the FA and the PL don’t you know.

It’s miraculous how we simultaneously keep Everton down and stop them being successful but at the same time we’re terrified by the imminent prospect of Moshiri and Usmanov usurping us as the biggest team in Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

He's hated as he was meant to be a massive Newcastle fan but instead of doing everything in his power to make them a success he's turned out to be a monumental cunt, that appears to care little about the club.

The funny thing is he actually spent a lot of money at times, it was mostly just wasted. 

1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

The funny thing is he actually spent a lot of money at times, it was mostly just wasted. 

This is a fella who gave Pardew a 5 year contract. Glad they haven't got Saudis in but I do support them trying to get that fucker out. I cant believe he has lasted so long. 

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This is a fella who gave Pardew a 5 year contract. Glad they haven't got Saudis in but I do support them trying to get that fucker out. I cant believe he has lasted so long. 

He's done stupider things than that, like giving Joke In Here the manager's job with Dennis Wise as the DoF.

I'm not sure Newcastle get anything for having the Sports Direct logo all over St James' Park. Basically it's free advertising for the owner's company.

I always found the people of Newcastle hit and miss. If you get a good one they are boss like. 

One Christmas we did a food bank collection, where everyone on my team brought a food item in each day, like an advent calendar. We were gonna drop it off at the local food bank a week or two before Christmas. 

Some cunt started his own rival one for animals as people can look after themselves and animals can't. 

Always looked at them suspiciously since then. 

Always shocked me how many people donated to the animals and out right refused to help a person. 

Made up they are shit 

1 hour ago, John102 said:

I always found the people of Newcastle hit and miss. If you get a good one they are boss like. 

This is so true. Take my bird’s dad for example. He’s as sound a fella you could ever meet. Her mum however... PURE CUNT WITH LASHINGS OF FUCK OFF FAT BASTARD.