You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

It will take 5 years of overspending on slight upgrades at even crack the top 4. On a positive side for a team like Man utd who need a complete overhaul it will be a pain in the arse as all player prices will go up.

In the short term for us it should have less of an impact as we will only need to add 1 or 2 players per season. 

Long term it would be another financially doped club vying for the league with limitless resources. 

PL need to grow a set of balls and take city to task over FFP just to stop the influx of more oil money coming into the game.

Far too serious mate we’re still at the piss taking stage

Qatar have openly accused Saudi Arabia of being behind the illegal broadcast of PL football in a direct effort to damage BEIN sports. If morals can be ignored surely someone potentially costing the PL money can't be?

I just want to win this league and a couple more European cups so I can bin this game.

On 25/01/2020 at 18:49, Captain Turdseye said:

The House of Saud are buying Newcastle United according to the Wall Street Journal. 

What do you make of this?

Another club to consistently finish above Everton. They'll have to hope sky rebrand the "Big 6" to the "Top half" to have something reasonable to aim for.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It’s a shame to see this sort of thing happening. Nation states pouring their wealth into football clubs to try to make their regimes look better. Yuck. 

I don’t understand how people fall for it, but then I remember that Boris Johnson is PM a decade into a Tory government with a track record of abject failure, Donald Trump the US President and that people exist who openly support Cristiano Ronaldo instead of a particular football team. Dark times.

• Upvote 3