You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shrewsbury (A) Fa Cup 26/1/2020 - 17:00

Bjornebye

A few people are saying that we switched off at 2-nil. I don't necessarily agree. I don't think we'd switched on to get to that score and were fortunate to be ahead by that margin. 

A few players could have done more like Minamino and Origi. The likes of Lovren, Matip and Fabinho weren't great either. But, I'm reluctant to slag them off too much. They're visibly a good few games away from being at full match speed/fitness. They'll come on for today's minutes and any minutes they get in the replay. A fiery cup tie against a team who are up for it isn't ideal for a rusty player. 

I think today was definitely treated as an opportunity to get a bit of fitness back and that, in the grand scheme of things, the FA Cup isn't a priority for us. 

• Upvote 1

Shocking performances from the senior players bar Adrian. Combination of complacency and arrogance.  This isn't the first time they've been shamed by the effort of the youngsters.  

Jurgen should let them own it and play the same team in the replay.  They could probably do with a game because they won't be getting in the first team for a while except for injury. 

6 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Lovren is trending all over Twitter.

I wonder why?

Is it because some people don't appreciate that it might take a game or 3 before a player who's been out for close to 2 months is back up to a decent playing level/full speed?

Lovren can be shite. But, he's not biologically superhuman. Gomez is looking like a beast now. But, he was a bit dodgy when he came back in to the team after a time out due to injury. It happens. 

• Upvote 3

We're all frustrated but I'm sure we all understand. We had a lot of players out for a long time in important positions. Both centre halves and fab. We still should've worked harder however,and varied our play as the first goal came from us trying to play out again. 

It is what it is. An annoyance that the break will be affected but that's all.

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Is it because some people don't appreciate that it might take a game or 3 before a player who's been out for close to 2 months is back up to a decent playing level/full speed?

Lovren can be shite. But, he's not biologically superhuman. Gomez is looking like a beast now. But, he was a bit dodgy when he came back in to the team after a time out due to injury. It happens. 

Piss off with all your balance and reason. 

17 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

Are we really ok with a pitch invasion or am I making it more than it is?

Pitch invasions have been going since time immemorial. Great result for them as it's against the world champions, plus they get a money spinning replay. Not to mention they played really well in the second half and we needed an own goal for a draw. The fans were made up, good on them. Nice to see the game isn't totally sterile and fans enjoying themselves. IMO. 

• Upvote 3

I feared the worst when Piltdown Man was bigging up that journeyman striker before he came on, sure enough the parasites at the BBC got the result they wanted, with the plucky little Brexit racists getting one over on the global powerhouse that is Liverpool FC.