You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shrewsbury (A) Fa Cup 26/1/2020 - 17:00

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucking hell. Fair play to Shrewsbury you have to say. Far better side than the Blueshite and we played a better 11 than against them lot. 

We missed someone like Lallana running the game.

The senior players we had out there just weren't at the races

3 minutes ago, Ben Sherman said:

At least Moyes will know what our team will be on Wednesday. That wee Japanese cub will need steroids or something, so weak. Adrian the only senior player who can hold his head up.

When he plays he shoud be playing from the right.

Hopefully Milner and Lallana back for replay. 

Does he send Salah and Bobby on holiday now though or not. Can he if he's keeping others back. 

Gomez and Matip to start the replay for me. Lovren is a fucking liability when he loses composure 

For all the annoyance of letting a two goal lead go the replay won't be that much of an issue.

It puts more time in some of the players legs that are coming back from injury and the pitch will be a lot better, Milner could be back as well. We have already seen previously what kind of team Klopp will put out and I would imagine most senior players will continue with their break. 

And I never though I'd day this, we will have VAR. 

• Upvote 1

Well, we got what we deserved there. That's no reflection on the young lads, it's a reflection on senior pros such as Lovren, Matip, Fabinho and Origi. I dont care if some of them are just coming back from injuries, these are seasoned pros and should be giving leadership to the young lads, most of whom if not all, showed them up.

The ref gave them a lifeline with that pen that wasnt. He took a fucking age to decide and went off their players and fans appeals. And he also missed the handball by their player in their box.

But, the trouble started minutes after we got that second goal as an og. Matip and Lovren then decide its game over and start pissing around at the back and inviting them onto us. And as this pair are as dodgey as fuck when they play together, you'd think they know better but no, let's piss about with the ball on our box and invite them on to us and then we'll panick. When they got the pen, the writing was on the wall.

Origi didnt decide to start playing until the 70th minute and even then, he only put in a 5 minute appearance.

Credit to Shrewsbury who didnt give up and get their club a big payday. Bang goes our week off in February because the replay is scheduled for that week as far as Im aware.

BBC and that cunt Lineker bigging this up as some kind of giant killing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Hopefully Milner and Lallana back for replay. 

Does he send Salah and Bobby on holiday now though or not. Can he if he's keeping others back. 

Gomez and Matip to start the replay for me. Lovren is a fucking liability when he loses composure 

They are all a liability without Virg holding their hands 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Firmly on the shoulders of Matip, Lovren, Origi that. 

Kids won't always play well

Minamino poor but new at club

Fabinho poor too

Origi was the worst culprit IMO, running around half arsed most of the game. He can be a very good player against the top teams when coming off the bench, just looks bang average when we start him in games against lesser opponents. I actually like him as well, Lovren and Matip just back from injury and it showed (Lovren's attempt to get a tackle in was embarrassing from an International player), same with Fabinho, but all three needed to put in a more assured performance. Gives them another game at home to put things right though, and having your fringe players getting another run out together is not a bad thing. 

That was terrible. With us in such a good position in the league, I really want to win the FA cup as well. We were lucky today. Thankfully, we have another shot at it.

Regarding the Shrewsbury fans, I'm genuinely happy for them. Yeah a lot of them probably frequent Anfield, Old Trafford or Villa Park or whatever but it's nice for a small town to have an event like that and for the season ticket holders and regulars, this is the greatest day in their history. If it was the Mancs,  I'd be pissing myself at a result like that so we'll just have to take it on the chin.

Jurgen will tear the team a new one I'd say.

She Ra is having a hard on here.

1 minute ago, moof said:

I’ll be honest, I’m not too mad. They deserved the draw and the replay at Anfield will be a nice occasion for them

This is what I'm feeling too.

They have earned the replay. I don't buy the whole "magic of the FA Cup" and their pitch invasion was a bit amateur hour but still played well enough.

Fab seemed off the pace and Matip was sloppy. Salah should of taken the chance.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Bang goes our week off in February because the replay is scheduled for that week as far as Im aware.

I doubt the week off will be gone for many who are typically to be found in our Premier League squads. I suspect Klopp will already have a squad in mind for the replay, and I reckon it will contain significantly fewer senior players than today’s. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Here was me thinking that a pitch invasion was a serious crime when in fact it appears to be jolly larks.

Hope we have police marksmen dotted around Anfield for the replay.

I love a good pitch invasion. They deserve it, they were the better team.