Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 997 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

13 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

There's clearly a substantial difference between medical grade masks used in a controlled environment, replaced often by people who are trained to use them properly, and members of the public wearing snoods in the supermarket. 

Agree - the mask I wear is a 95 style. You can use them for a few days. They are like 2 bucks each. That said "surgical" masks which are regularly used by docs and nurses are the cheap throwaway ones. The environment they are in has nothing to do with their effectiveness.

Pulling your shirt over your face or wearing a cut off old sock is not a mask.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but there was some government cunt on sky news this morning with Kay Burley. One of the questions she asked him was how did they arrive at the decision to close restaurants. His answer was they're using evidence that America gave them.

Seems very odd.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Pulling your shirt over your face or wearing a cut off old sock is not a mask.

Although it would probably be slightly more effective than wearing nothing over your face. 

All of these 100%/0% mask arguments are a bit dull. If everyone wore a NASA space suit the numbers would probably be lower than they are, if no-one wore any type of mask at all the numbers would probably be higher.

"Yeah, but we've been wearing masks and yet some people have died" doesn't seem like much of an argument (I'm obviously not suggesting you're making it).

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

To stop Bacteria isn't it mainly, especially if they're operating, plus they're probably better masks, not some shite from B&M. Guy on the news before in a covid ward was wearing some kind of snorkel gear.

Airborne bacteria and virus are pretty similar when it comes to transmission. TB is an airborne bacteria.

Surgical masks are the cheap ones.

3 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned but there was some government cunt on sky news this morning with Kay Burley. One of the questions she asked him was how did they arrive at the decision to close restaurants. His answer was they're using evidence that America gave them.

Seems very odd.

Probably where they got the "kids don't spread the virus" information too.

19 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

There's clearly a substantial difference between medical grade masks used in a controlled environment, replaced often by people who are trained to use them properly, and members of the public wearing snoods in the supermarket. 

UhC9.gif

17 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Did anywhere else get the same level of restrictions as Liverpool did ?

No, Liverpool is the canary in the mine, but others will follow soon depending on the focus groups and internet scanning feedback.

The Mail and The Standard are already saying London from next week, as is this cunt of a governments favourite form of communication on significantly important issues.

I assume London, Manchester, Newcastle/North East cities, Nottingham and the rest from mid week will start having stories in the press in preparation for a Monday closing.

Job done, hand over track and trace to local governments and absolve themselves of all blame for the next peak and blame the natives. 

If it wasn’t so transparent and predictable...

Useless, self serving cunts to a man.

• Upvote 1

Has Rotherman jumped ahead, agreed financial support and gone in early, hoping that as others follow, the funding support may just not be there.

Or is he just mmmmmmmad. 

7 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I got bored of this thread ages ago. 

Are people still claiming it’s no worse than flu and there won’t be/isn’t a second wave? 

In their desperation to not be wrong they are making up lies, and ignoring facts. It's a shit show. usual suspects. 

It looks like they're pushing the responsibility onto councils. Unless the councils get the resources they need, they're not going to lock down further.

18 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No, Liverpool is the canary in the mine, but others will follow soon depending on the focus groups and internet scanning feedback.

The Mail and The Standard are already saying London from next week, as is this cunt of a governments favourite form of communication on significantly important issues.

I assume London, Manchester, Newcastle/North East cities, Nottingham and the rest from mid week will start having stories in the press in preparation for a Monday closing.

Job done, hand over track and trace to local governments and absolve themselves of all blame for the next peak and blame the natives. 

If it wasn’t so transparent and predictable...

Useless, self serving cunts to a man.

Some coincidence that the city he and his party have had it in for since fuck knows when is first to suffer the toughest restrictions.

Not sure if this has been posted but definantly worth taking your time to read.

Covers backward tracing, antigen testing superspreaders and overdispersion.

A snippet.

It’s not always the restrictiveness of the rules, but whether they target the right dangers. As Morris put it, “Japan’s commitment to ‘cluster-busting’ allowed it to achieve impressive mitigation with judiciously chosen restrictions. Countries that have ignored super-spreading have risked getting the worst of both worlds: burdensome restrictions that fail to achieve substantial mitigation. The U.K.’s recent decision to limit outdoor gatherings to six people while allowing pubs and bars to remain open is just one of many such examples.”

Could we get back to a much more normal life by focusing on limiting the conditions for super-spreading events, aggressively engaging in cluster-busting, and deploying cheap, rapid mass tests—that is, once we get our case numbers down to low enough numbers to carry out such a strategy? (Many places with low community transmission could start immediately.) Once we look for and see the forest, it becomes easier to find our way out

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/09/k-overlooked-variable-driving-pandemic/616548/

11 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Some coincidence that the city he and his party have had it in for since fuck knows when is first to suffer the toughest restrictions.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence, if they’re doing everything by feedback then it makes sense to give it to the people this shithole countries populace has a chip on its shoulder about. 

20 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It looks like they're pushing the responsibility onto councils. Unless the councils get the resources they need, they're not going to lock down further.

Yup, it’s all political.

Councils will get enough to look incompetent, this will be being paid back for years, the government say ‘I told you so’ just in time for them to say there’s fuck all left In the tin as they’ve wasted it/we have a vaccine we’re your saviours.

So fucking transparent! 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

How do you use a mask wrongly?

By not following the (lengthy) list of instructions? The way you fasten it onto your face; the way you remove it; you're not supposed to touch it while you're wearing it. Etc.

51 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Agree - the mask I wear is a 95 style. You can use them for a few days. They are like 2 bucks each. That said "surgical" masks which are regularly used by docs and nurses are the cheap throwaway ones. The environment they are in has nothing to do with their effectiveness.

Environment definitely matters. It's pissing down here right now. If I'm walking from shop to shop, I can either remove my mask in the rain (bearing in mind you're not supposed to touch your mask while it's on) or I can leave it on and it gets soaked - that is to say, even more soaking than it gets through normal use when I'm panting hot, wet air into it like an asthmatic mastiff.