You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Me and my lad have just had tests. I had a stomach bug Thursday and was rough about 24 hours, felt great Saturday morning but started again Sat night and am still just fucked, had 2, 12 hour sleeps on the nights since but still battered and now my tongue is tingling and mouth tastes coppery. 
The lad had been coughing since yesterday and really unsettled so managed to get a drive through slot within an hour this morning. 
I genuinely don’t know how much chaos it’s going to cause if either of us have got it, we’re really careful but the kids share their time equally between mine and my exes where they have a step family and the lad has come to mine from being there this weekend (kept him off school as a precaution although he seems much better today). I’m tempted to tell her to keep my daughter at hers until results are back on me but if the lad’s got it it’s already in their place. 
I'm not moaning about my situation, it is what it is but shows how hard is it to keep a grip of. 

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

We're not at the stage of last resort though are we. Care staff are not exhausted, hospitals are not full.

I let you into a clue. The aim is to control the virus before there's thousands dead. Hospital numbers are on the increase, deaths are on the increase, hospital procedures for non covid issues are already being postponed (I know because I've had one postponed and the hospital told me it's now unlikely until at least April). So we are absolutely in the point of last resort. Our objective should be to allow normal healthcare to take place and once we're passed that we need to lockdown. Perhaps we wouldn't have got here if the government weren't useless cunts, but they are, so we're back here. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

We're not at the stage of last resort though are we. Care staff are not exhausted, hospitals are not full.

And to emphasis the point I made in my previous post, is this not last resort to you or do you need another 40000 dead? ..... 

Prof Stephen Powis, the national medical director for NHS England, is speaking now.

He says there are more patients in hospital with Covid than in March when the nationwide restrictions were imposed.

Screenshot_20201012-113551.jpg

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Those statements above are from today. Are you suggesting they're making them up?

Edit on the 10th royal Liverpool had 25 patients with covid, today it has 225. 

I don't know where they got those figures from. There were 17,000 people in hospital at the peak.

I don't think we are anywhere near 17,000 now.

3 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I don't know where they got those figures from. There were 17,000 people in hospital at the peak.

The figure is from immediately before the lock down. The peak occurred several weeks into it. The idea is to stop hospitalisations reaching that previous peak.

1 minute ago, littletedwest said:

I may have seen this here but didn't it advise a 50 year old woman to become a boxer?

I think it's deliberately shit. It's like when Cummings saying he was testing his eyes when he went for a drive, it's 50% fuck you and 50% jam up the twittersphere with distractions. It's a kind of mass trolling. They hate you and think you're a dickhead, and we just have to learn to live with it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

They've just held a press conference and stated it. And not the government, the NHS. I don't know why you're so desperate to say the world is flat. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

That's an interesting turn of events, the WHO coming out against lockdowns. I suppose everyone will stop calling me and SD all the cunts under the sun for agreeing with that sentiment now?

The WHO might catch up soon and come out against asymptomatic people wearing masks soon, too.

Im pretty sure sending masses of people into lockdown and closing businesses was a last resort from the beginning you stupid fucking cunt. 

Me and her are still ill as fuck, no taste whatsoever now. She's pretty bad to be fair. I'm working from home but my heads spinning. Mild flu as its been described as. aching etc but not as bad as flu obviously. Horrible feeling. Still not had our results. Wouldn't wish this on anyone. Watch the results come back negative. Defo aids. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

The main problem here is the lack of capacity in the NHS at winter. There are quite often winter crises without Covid, so this is like the straw that breaks the camel's back... although more significant than a straw obvs.