You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

They are sacrificing the North as they only give a shit about everything south of the Watford gap. 

The increase in cases has coincided with schools and Universities going back. More people are being tested and deaths are nowhere near the numbers they were as the hospitals are better prepared to treat people now than they were in March. 

One of my mates owns a number of bars and clubs in Liverpool and he's looking at having to lay off over 150 people tomorrow. 

He's absolutely devastated as his hard work for the past 20 years is going to shit thanks to those incompetent twats in Government. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

They are sacrificing the North as they only give a shit about everything south of the Watford gap. 

The increase in cases has coincided with schools and Universities going back. More people are being tested and deaths are nowhere near the numbers they were as the hospitals are better prepared to treat people now than they were in March. 

it’ll come down these parts, just a matter of time. They’ll do it borough by borough. There’s a few looking likely over the next couple of weeks.

We, seemingly, are all in this together, despite their ‘best’ efforts.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

No mate. 

he was in hospital last week and think that’s where he picked it up. 

Harsh. Poor lad. 

How does that work then with your sister? I know she will be on lockdown too but is the assumption that she will just get it? Does she need anywhere to stay?

6 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Throw in the upcoming expiration of the eviction ban and it's a recipe for disaster for a lot of people.

MI for this is my job. 

It’ll take a while for that to flush through. Banks processes will ensure all attempts at contact are exhausted before proceeding and given customers have been told not to call in, it’ll take time to work through those. Also, I bet there is  then a backlog in the courts, plus there is a Christmas amnesty I don’t think there will be any significant numbers until c.March’21.

And even then, those who do get to court; I bet anybody who says to a judge “I was getting back on my feet and then <<insert whatever COVID19 related excuse you can possibly think of >> and I bet judges side with the customer in the vast majority of occasions. 

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

6 months! That would be an absolute disaster!

Looks like I'll have to cancel my trip home again fucksake, more worrying though is that my elderly Dad hasn't been out for 6 months now, since he doesn't get into town these days at least he got out twice a week for a pint. 

So I'm scared for his mental health stuck in a tiny flat everyday, he says don't worry but how can you not for the elderly? It's upsetting me no end, so fuck any travel or visiting restrictions I'm going to get up there and take all the necessary precautions to coax him out. 

I know I've mentioned this before and it must be the same for millions of others but these measures that are being put in place will do untold damage and fuck knows what it will do for such people stuck at home. 

The fuckin' worry of it all and not knowing what I can do for the best is getting me down, but at least I haven't lost anyone, not like some which must awful for them. 

Fuck it all. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Absolutely disgusting the way the government "announces" this shit.

Pubs and restaurants will be closed, apart from takeaway, a cabinet source told the BBC's political editor Laura Kuenssberg.

As she tweets from the Eagles Nest. Cunt 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Absolutely disgusting the way the government "announces" this shit.

Pubs and restaurants will be closed, apart from takeaway, a cabinet source told the BBC's political editor Laura Kuenssberg.

Fuck takeaways, what's the big deal about them? You can live without them, it's the bars and restaurants that matter more with people's livelihoods at stake, surely there's something that can be done I don't know, whilst I acknowledge the seriousness of things I feel like there is something going on, Ive known only one to have had it, the old girl a couple of doors away and she's sound now. 

2 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Fuck takeaways, what's the big deal about them? You can live without them, it's the bars and restaurants that matter more with people's livelihoods at stake, surely there's something that can be done I don't know, whilst I acknowledge the seriousness of things I feel like there is something going on, Ive known only one to have had it, the old girl a couple of doors away and she's sound now. 

Restaurants especially, they're a different animal to bars. You pre book, you get seated, you stay seated, you leave, most people don't get drunk in them. They collect all your contact details when you book too. It's brutal. 

Heartbreaking because liverpool was a black hole for dining for years and it's only in the last ten years or so that things have taken off, how many will survive.

• Upvote 2