You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

45 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Been a bit off form all week, I've had sinus infections on and off for the last year and it hit me during the week so after first bunch of antibiotics didnt touch it switched to another yesterday. GP referred me for Covid test just to be on the safe side at 10.30 am yesterday, got text an hour later to be at the testing centre in town (10 mins away) at 1.30. Drove in, had it done on time and got a text 24 hours later to say it was negative.  Great set up over here in fairness.

Glad it was negative mate. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Going from the music threads you've definitely no sense of taste. 

My taste in music is excellent, I just have a wider range than you. 

Thanks, I think Im fine, but I need to take the test to make sure Im not spreading it n case I have it. Been home since Thursday now. 

9 hours ago, Code said:

How much does she earn? Im not taking a pay cut, people will not get a better life if I earn less.

This is basically populism and an easy way out, do something to help people instead.

I wouldn't expect you or anyone else to take a paycut either, though I admire her for doing it. I think she's shown great leadership right through this.

In ireland the newly elected coalition appointed a lot of junior ministers when they came into power and were caught out giving them a pay rise right at the time people's Pup payments were being cut by 50 euro a week. In it together indeed. Fucking wankers. 

I know this was announced the other day but I’ve been in shock since at the sheer fuckwitery of it all.

Sixty-six fucking percent payable if you’re basically banned from going to work. For many, sixty-six percent of a minimum/low wage at a time when many have been struggling already for months. They should be paid one hundred percent, no less.

Fucking Tory Cunts. 

• Upvote 3

Some talk on Marr about bans from travelling outside your area from tomorrow of anyone who lives in these level 3 areas, of which pretty much the entire north will be tomorrow. In addition to this, it'll also be a shutdown of all non-essential retail. So effectively this level 3 is the lockdown we were all in in March, but without the same financial support. 

Absolute fucking cunts. 

• Upvote 2

Been to take the test at one of the drive through test centres we have set up here in Stavanger. Very effective way of doing it. Booked my time yesterday around 15.00, got a time at 12.30 when they opened up for testing again today.

The test in itself feels terrible when they stick that 30cm q-tip up your nose, but it had to be done.

I think its only normal flu for me though.

01A9276B-82BE-4C6C-8366-323CDB4556C8.jpeg

9CB5E305-FE64-4B86-AB4C-098BC88EFA20.jpeg

9697CC65-9986-4DE0-BA86-6CEC6CB010D0.jpeg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Code said:

Been to take the test at one of the drive through test centres we have set up here in Stavanger. Very effective way of doing it. Booked my time yesterday around 15.00, got a time at 12.30 when they opened up for testing again today.

The test in itself feels terrible when they stick that 30cm q-tip up your nose, but it had to be done.

The one I went to in Bootle seems a similar set up to that. But what I found strange is even though you went, you have to "DIY" it, so not really any different to a home test imo. The whole family was there so we did each other, but I've no idea how you know if you've done it right. 

5 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I know this was announced the other day but I’ve been in shock since at the sheer fuckwitery of it all.

Sixty-six fucking percent payable if you’re basically banned from going to work. For many, sixty-six percent of a minimum/low wage at a time when many have been struggling already for months. They should be paid one hundred percent, no less.

Fucking Tory Cunts. 

Throw in the upcoming expiration of the eviction ban and it's a recipe for disaster for a lot of people.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Code said:

If you had flu, I doubt you'd be posting on here or much else for that matter.

16 hours ago, Code said:

How much does she earn? Im not taking a pay cut, people will not get a better life if I earn less.

This is basically populism and an easy way out, do something to help people instead.

Don't you live in Norway? Sorry to break this to you mate but there's a reason you pay nine grand for a brew.

40 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The one I went to in Bootle seems a similar set up to that. But what I found strange is even though you went, you have to "DIY" it, so not really any different to a home test imo. The whole family was there so we did each other, but I've no idea how you know if you've done it right. 

It was a nurse who took the test on me. 

There were two lines of cars, and one for people on bikes and foot.

First some guy from Securitas checked my ID and what time I was supposed to be there.

Then I drove into the tent and two nurses where operating the lines. 

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Don't you live in Norway? Sorry to break this to you mate but there's a reason you pay nine grand for a brew.

The reason I asked the question was if she will actually notice the paycut, or does she earn so much in the first place that its more of a symbolic gesture to put herself in a good light?

The thing is it will most likely work either way.

9 minutes ago, Code said:

The reason I asked the question was if she will actually notice the paycut, or does she earn so much in the first place that its more of a symbolic gesture to put herself in a good light?

The thing is it will most likely work either way.

She didn't have to do it but I somehow doubt she's going to feel the pinch of it on payday.