Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 938 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

For you to continue to spend your money.


I can’t have my mates round to watch the game on Monday night but I can go the pub with them and watch it? 
 

Just nonsense. 
 

The whole Tory response has been a joke. They are genuinely pinning their hopes on a vaccine sooner rather than later because other than flimsy lockdowns, there is no Plan B. 
 

Granted, they’ll probably have a better idea on the timescales of a vaccine than the rest of us, but there is currently no thought to living around it. 
 

Stay at home and don’t get it. Help the economy & do. Bollocks. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Plan B is actually the original Plan A.

Do nothing.

 

If Plan A doesn't work....... revert to Plan A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

 

If Plan A doesn't work....... revert to Plan A.

Yep, but that was actually quite unfair of me.

 

Plan A was do nothing.

Plan B is vigorously do nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yep, but that was actually quite unfair of me.

 

Plan A was do nothing.

Plan B is vigorously do nothing.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Yep, but that was actually quite unfair of me.

 

Plan A was do nothing.

Plan B is vigorously do nothing.

 

To be fair, I WFH most of the time anyway so all it is continue to work from home for 5 days.

 

We don't have a local I want to go to. With a 5 year old, we don't go out for meals much.

 

But still, it's such a fucking ball ache. I need the Thanos Gauntlet and to blow up that wet market last summer & then just carry on as before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

 

Funny coz it's true.

Johnson carries on the finest traditions of the likes of the first world war. 

 

You can imagine him in Sharpe or something being in charge of Sharpe and his men, riding into battle backward on his horse then twatting his head on a branch, at which point Sharpe would take over, win the battle, but Johnson would get the credit and be promoted to the Earl of fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

A guy on the Twitter has just calculated that the total weight of all the COVID virus in the world is about 1kg.  Amazing. 

Puts it into perspective fuck all to worry about. Keith Richards would stick that up his nose on a Saturday night and still make a good album after coming out of intensive care.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Johnson carries on the finest traditions of the likes of the first world war. 

 

You can imagine him in Sharpe or something being in charge of Sharpe and his men, riding into battle backward on his horse then twatting his head on a branch, at which point Sharpe would take over, win the battle, but Johnson would get the credit and be promoted to the Earl of fuck.

As if Johnson would be anywhere near the front line. Heseltine had it right- "A man who waits to see which way the crowd is running and then dashes in front and says 'follow me'".

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Fucking hell, the size of those rooms too, it would literally be like being in prison.

 

Can't fathom why you wouldn't defer in these circumstances, no shagging, no drinking, zoom lectures which you can probably find on YouTube for cheaper than nine grand a year. These poor kids have been had.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Fucking hell, the size of those rooms too, it would literally be like being in prison.

 

Can't fathom why you wouldn't defer in these circumstances, no shagging, no drinking, zoom lectures which you can probably find on YouTube for cheaper than nine grand a year. These poor kids have been had.

My eldest had his first year at Uni last year. We paid his rent to help him out so he could concentrate on studies and enjoying Uni life- £6K for 9 months for a pokey, basic room which looked worse than the place I was in in the early '90s. For this year, he's got a flat with his mates- rooms are at least twice the size, massive bathroom and well-equipped kitchen, it's barely 100 yards from his old campus room and it's half the price. It's absolutely infuriating that these money-grabbing wankers appear to have done absolutely fuck all to protect kids moving away from home for the first time. No contingency plan for this inevitability, nothing. Where's the duty of care?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

My eldest had his first year at Uni last year. We paid his rent to help him out so he could concentrate on studies and enjoying Uni life- £6K for 9 months for a pokey, basic room which looked worse than the place I was in in the early '90s. For this year, he's got a flat with his mates- rooms are at least twice the size, massive bathroom and well-equipped kitchen, it's barely 100 yards from his old campus room and it's half the price. It's absolutely infuriating that these money-grabbing wankers appear to have done absolutely fuck all to protect kids moving away from home for the first time. No contingency plan for this inevitability, nothing. Where's the duty of care?

 

Yep, unis are twats these days, they did a big publicity drive to get people signed up and only now is it coming out that some of the poor sods might have to stay away from family over Christmas, holed up in a dorm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping this would give us time for a moment of reflection, to really take stock and consider what was important, and though this leading to a more temperate and understanding society.

 

Fuck me was I wrong, it’s just brought the worst out in leaders and individuals and shown what a fractured, fragile, nasty little thing ‘society’ is.

 

Cunts as far as the eye can see.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I was hoping this would give us time for a moment of reflection, to really take stock and consider what was important, and though this leading to a more temperate and understanding society.

 

Fuck me was I wrong, it’s just brought the worst out in leaders and individuals and shown what a fractured, fragile, nasty little thing ‘society’ is.

 

Cunts as far as the eye can see.

Absolutely this. Since the first lockdown was eased people seem to have got more selfish, narky and lairy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Thanks for that.

She got the letter classing her as extremely vulnerable, but I don't think it was just about the cancer.

My Mum doesn't really divulge anything, but there are other conditions she has which put her at risk.

She's a bit of a nightmare sometimes and does daft things like cancel or postpone important appointments because in her words, "They're bloody useless".

They're not. They saved her life.

She's always been highly strung, but she's much, much worse since she lost my Dad and I know she blames Doctors for that.

She does have a point to a certain degree about that, but as I've told her countless times, you can't tar them all with the same brush.

I'm glad you're ok and thanks again.

 

Well I can sympathise with your mum about the doctors and they saved my life too! Haha. 

28 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Massive billboards saying "Bastard Boris Likes Bourbons". 

He probably hates beans too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×