You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Like I've said, you haven't provided any evidence to back up your claim. None. Nada. You fucking imbecile. 

I find it hard to believe you're actually as thick as this.

Your claim, such as it is, seems to be that just because peak deaths were reached on April 8th, and that the people who died on this date were infected before lockdown, does not mean peak infection was before lockdown.

For this claim to be true, it would require a wildly fluctuating mortality rate, something for which I haven't seen any evidence, and you certainly haven't provided any.

Until I see any evidence that number of deaths is not related to number of infections, then...

Just now, Stront19m Dog™ said:

I find it hard to believe you're actually as thick as this.

Your claim, such as it is, seems to be that just because peak deaths were reached on April 8th, and that the people who died on this date were infected before lockdown, does not mean peak infection was before lockdown.

For this claim to be true, it would require a wildly fluctuating mortality rate, something for which I haven't seen any evidence, and you certainly haven't provided any.

Until I see any evidence that number of deaths is not related to number of infections, then...

Like I have said, you haven't supplied any evidence to back up your claim. None. Zero. You make things up. How old are you again? 

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

I'm off to the beer garden. There are none so blind as those who have taken an entrenched position and refuse to see.

Enjoy your Tuesday y'all!

Things have definitely improved. Hopefully future moves will continue in the same direction. Have a cold one for me.

5 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Is that not when deaths were reported, as opposed to when they happened?

No, it's revised to when the deaths happened. From the original daily reports, there wasn't a day when over 1000 deaths occurred, these were subsequently revised upwards with new data.

The 7 day rolling average is a better guide, that didn't start to significantly decline until the last week in April.

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

No, it's revised to when the deaths happened. From the original daily reports, there wasn't a day when over 1000 deaths occurred, these were subsequently revised upwards with new data.

Not on the graph I saw. It had that undulating look, with the weekend reporting slumps.

This is an article from 19th June, after the number of deaths were revised upwards.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/19/over-1000-deaths-day-uk-ministers-accused-downplaying-covid-19-peak

Ministers have been accused of playing down the gravity of the coronavirus pandemic after it emerged that more than 1,000 people died every day in the UK for 22 consecutive days – in stark contrast with daily tolls announced by the government.

According to an analysis of official figures, the darkest day came on 8 April as the country prepared for Easter under lockdown, when a record 1,445 people died from Covid-19 in 24 hours.

The figures – encompassing deaths in hospitals, care homes and private residences – are far higher than the numbers announced by ministers during that period at the daily Downing Street briefings, as the pandemic peaked faster than forecast.

8 April.

Pointless argument. Cases started declining around the time lockdown came in. That’s undeniable. Now, they might have started declining shortly before the official lockdown - I don’t think they did personally but it’s possible - but that’s ignoring that a significant number of businesses and individuals changed their behaviour before the lockdown was announced so it wouldn’t surprise me if the peak came slightly before the lockdown was officially announced when a lot of people started voluntarily avoiding crowds and public transport etc...

733603A5-FB42-4A7F-9D70-4502F7498445.png

• Upvote 3

putin+vest.jpg

Vlad! Ah-ah
Savior of humanity

Vlad! Ah-ah
He'll save every one of us

Vlad! Ah-ah
He's a miracle

Vlad! Ah-ah
King of the impossible

He's for every one of us
Stands for every one of us
He saves with a mighty hand
Every man, every woman
Every child, it's the mighty Vlad

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

While others are fucking about and arguing, I’m posting proper COVID news which us why I (and I’d imagine others) come to this thread. 

In vaccine news, Russia is calling their vaccine “Sputnik V”. I like it. 

BBC saying just 100 people have been tested with this vaccine. It seems they're at the point the Oxford lot were months ago, but they're just going to inject their whole nation! Putin is fucking mental. 

Just now, The Gaul said:

BBC saying just 100 people have been tested with this vaccine. It seems they're at the point the Oxford lot were months ago, but they're just going to inject their whole nation! Putin is fucking mental. 

Apparently he said it’ll be voluntary. I’ll believe that when I see it.