You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Fluter you are in lad - double your bet.

Wait this is a proper wager right? With money - to a charity? Can anyone pony up for a piece?

1) Define Location - Duh Wirld

2) Set Criteria - The virus would have to be controlled and transmission brought down to a very low level. That would be the end of the first wave. 

3) Identify timeline - 12 months (go for 6 if you can)

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Fluter you are in lad - double your bet.

Wait this is a proper wager right? With money - to a charity? Can anyone pony up for a piece?

1) Define Location - Duh Wirld

2) Set Criteria - The virus would have to be controlled and transmission brought down to a very low level. That would be the end of the first wave. 

I'd give money to a charity either way. This isn't a bet though. I hope it's right that this thing doesn't strike again in the UK. Unfortunately in other countries it seems way less under control.

What I will say is if it stays under control and the UK stays safe (making stronts theory a bit more valid) I will personally say that he was right (this is only from me) and I will donate a minimum of £75 to a good cause of the forum's choosing.

If it goes a bit second wavey I will donate a minimum of £75 to the NHS.

If anyone else wants to get all donatey, that's all the better. Even a fiver, doesn't matter.

4 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Jebus Fluter, you are evidently more solvent than me, but I can stick a tenner in for a good cause regardless of how things turn out.

Nice mate -- I will match you on that - you pick the charity. In fact I will let you choose either side of the wager.

As a global citizen (and I know you are as well) here it is.

This world will not accomplish even this (your 1st wave end) :

The virus would have to be controlled and transmission brought down to a very low level. That would be the end of the first wave. 

Before the end of this year.

Keep in mind that will be over 1 mil folks dead. Best case.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Nice mate -- I will match you on that - you pick the charity. In fact I will let you choose either side of the wager.

As a global citizen (and I know you are as well) here it is.

This world will not accomplish even this (your 1st wave end) :

The virus would have to be controlled and transmission brought down to a very low level. That would be the end of the first wave. 

Before the end of this year.

Keep in mind that will be over 1 mil folks dead. Best case.

Let's do it, more the merrier and raise money for a good cause. I'll need to give thought to details. I can pm you with suggestions or keep it open here?

8 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Let's do it, more the merrier and raise money for a good cause. I'll need to give thought to details. I can pm you with suggestions or keep it open here?

I'm not handling any coin. @Stront19m Dog™can pick a charity or go fund me - they will have the ability to process the dough.

There are no details - you could do a poll:

Will the worldwide response to Covid meet this condition Feb 28 2021  ---   Yes   ---    No

16 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I'm not handling any coin. @Stront19m Dog™can pick a charity or go fund me - they will have the ability to process the dough.

There are no details - you could do a poll:

Will the worldwide response to Covid meet this condition Feb 28 2021  ---   Yes   ---    No

Ok, misunderstood before. I'll look at a poll tomorrow and explore how funds can be best processed.

23 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Ok, misunderstood before. I'll look at a poll tomorrow and explore how funds can be best processed.

Don't put yourself out yet pal - Stronts will name the charity.

Been searching for ways to donate to under qualified Ophthalmologists myself. It may take awhile.

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

he’s also part of that group of ‘doctors’ pushing for hydroxy thingy and teamed up with a woman who claims to be able to cure generational curses, that alien DNA is used in vaccines and succubi are responsible for infertility.  

She's been watching THE X-FILES.

PKvgbBE.gif

Looks like the findings will be out any time now

Due to the method of counting, patients who test positive for coronavirus, but are successfully treated, are still being counted as dying from the virus, meaning the count is 'exaggerated' by thousands

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/uk-coronavirus-daily-death-toll-22494644?fbclid=IwAR3x-KLvS53mmZSYKeCamGl9bpg4_ZR_KtJr29Yepq4mcCPqJf_XTCbqRy0&utm_campaign=mirror_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com

I'm in France at the minute. Where I am covid is practically none existent but I'm looking at possible quarantine when I get back to the UK as parts of France, namely Paris and parts of the Rhone Valley, are pretty bad. 

Everyone's wearing a mask indoors but a lot of people don't put it over their nose making it ineffective. 

All these people hating Sikora, why? He was initially accused of being a government shill, but is now highly critical of the government. While I disagree with his views on the NHS, his commentary on the pandemic has been pretty good on the whole.

He was one of the first people to talk about T Cell Immunity, and I just find him to have offered a very balanced view throughout.

The none Covid deaths which will be caused by the extended lockdown, will surely dwarf the actual Covid death's in the long term.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s back in New Zealand. Family of 4, don’t know where they’ve contracted it, no overseas travel.  

That suggests food/drink. Edit: Thinking about it, could be hundreds of reasons.

9 minutes ago, M_B said:

According to CNN, the Russians have registered a vaccine. We're all saved.

And it must be ok, because Putin's daughter has had it. Although oddly, not himself.

He's probably got it. That and about 7000 other diseases and they just have no effect on him whatsoever. Mans a machine. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s back in New Zealand. Family of 4, don’t know where they’ve contracted it, no overseas travel.  

Hmmm, curious. 

28 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

That suggests food/drink. Edit: Thinking about it, could be hundreds of reasons.

I'm thinking this too - specifically kiwis!

I would suspect that they have got it from someone who has had it asymptomatically, but who knows?