Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 834 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Ah, so you're just trolling. Again. You're not likely to spend 8 hours in close proximity to someone in a shop.

 

I'm not trolling, I'm pointing out what I feel are logical inconsistencies.

 

We're told we don't need to spend 8 hours next to someone to catch covid from them, aren't we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

Well, I would agree with you that the messaging is all wrong on masks, but this is a separate issue for me. The use of masks in clinical environments is proven. In those kind of environments there are two kinds of masks commonly used. N95, which are supposed to be airtight and in order to be airtight, require two straps around the back of the head. These masks didn't have that. The other type of masks are EN14683 standard (either Type I, II, IR or IIR) and these need to be tested to reach that standard, and they weren't.

 

My gripe is that these contracts were handed to people with no knowledge on masks, and no qualifications to be providing these products, no company history and absolutely no suitability at all. These should have been sourced through existing channels, such as NHS Supplychain, SBS and other Frameworks. There was capacity, but instead they handed contracts to their mates, and no doubt everybody got their cut.

 

It is a separate issue, yes, but I think wider points can be made from it.

 

I completely agree that medical-grade masks in a controlled environment work, and that if a company fails to supply equipment which meets the grade, there should be consequences.

 

My gripe is that this substandard equipment is deemed good enough for people to wear when they're out and about. Does this substandard equipment work or doesn't it? I don't buy the Schrodinger's Mask argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

 

I'm not trolling, I'm pointing out what I feel are logical inconsistencies.

 

We're told we don't need to spend 8 hours next to someone to catch covid from them, aren't we?

Yeah OK, Spock.

 

If you're going to the shop, you wear a face mask, it'll reduce your chances of infecting someone or getting infected. You don't need top quality PPE as your exposure is likely to be low and not sustained, but it's a good idea to wear one to reduce the chances still further. 

 

If you're working in a healthcare environment, then you may be exposed continually to infectious patients who possibly aren't wearing masks and equally may be working with vulnerable patients at risk of infection from yourself. Either way, you're far more likely to be in prolonged contact.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

 

I'm not trolling, I'm pointing out what I feel are logical inconsistencies.

 

We're told we don't need to spend 8 hours next to someone to catch covid from them, aren't we?

Come on, you are embarrassing yourself here Stronts.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

My gripe is that this substandard equipment is deemed good enough for people to wear when they're out and about. Does this substandard equipment work or doesn't it? I don't buy the Schrodinger's Mask argument.

Well yeah, totally. The only study I am aware of on cloths masks says that they increase infection. Even the use of correct masks could be questionable just on the way they are used alone. Is someone really going to change them every few hours, or at the first sign of dampness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Well yeah, totally. The only study I am aware of on cloths masks says that they increase infection. Even the use of correct masks could be questionable just on the way they are used alone. Is someone really going to change them every few hours, or at the first sign of dampness?

 

Mine gets damp after about 10 minutes. And the constant itching means I'm forever fiddling with it. I genuinely struggle to see how it's protecting me from anything, it doesn't even block out bad smells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Struggling to understand how the masks would work in a shop, but not a hospital ward. 


You might well be that fucking obtuse but you’re not that fucking thick. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Well yeah, totally. The only study I am aware of on cloths masks says that they increase infection. Even the use of correct masks could be questionable just on the way they are used alone. Is someone really going to change them every few hours, or at the first sign of dampness?

I still haven't seen this South Asian study you spoke about. Its been a while.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:


You might well be that fucking obtuse but you’re not that fucking thick. 

Yea, please stop talking to him about it.

 

He doesn't know anyone who has ever had it, doesn't believe he would catch it if he did - and if he did doesn' think it would affect him. Doesn't care if his actions might prevent someone else from getting it.

 

Thems da facts, like it or not. They've not changed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it wasn't for the fact that these cunts are carpetbagging on an industrial scale, there would be something almost admirable about somebody setting up a £100 company and naming it Prospermil - even the name is taking the piss because that is exactly what it is.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Well yeah, totally. The only study I am aware of on cloths masks says that they increase infection. Even the use of correct masks could be questionable just on the way they are used alone. Is someone really going to change them every few hours, or at the first sign of dampness?

What about the meta studies I linked to earlier in the thread, have you had time to read them yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, please stop talking to him about it.

 

He doesn't know anyone who has ever had it, doesn't believe he would catch it if he did - and if he did doesn' think it would affect him. Doesn't care if his actions might prevent someone else from getting it.

 

Thems da facts, like it or not. They've not changed.

 

The bit in bold is not a fact, it is your opinion, and it is factually incorrect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mudface said:

What about the meta studies I linked to earlier in the thread, have you had time to read them yet?

Forgot all about that conversation tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, please stop talking to him about it.

 

He doesn't know anyone who has ever had it, doesn't believe he would catch it if he did - and if he did doesn' think it would affect him. Doesn't care if his actions might prevent someone else from getting it.

 

Thems da facts, like it or not. They've not changed.


 

If he was having a go at the government for their piss poor handling of COVID-19, if he was accepting the mixed messages from government were because they’re fucking corrupt cunts and are putting the economy above people’s health, if he was accepting he might have just been a tad little bit wrong about COVID-19 being no worse than the flu I wouldn’t have bothered posting. 
 

But when he deliberately pretends he can’t understand why there are risk assessments across hospitals stating some procedures require a standard face mask, some require a fluid resistant face mask and

others require a face mask and shield then he’s just deliberately being fucking obtuse and making himself look a twat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lifetime fan said:

But when he deliberately pretends he can’t understand why there are risk assessments across hospitals stating some procedures require a standard face mask, some require a fluid resistant face mask and

others require a face mask and shield then he’s just deliberately being fucking obtuse and making himself look a twat. 

 

But the masks worn in public are nothing like any of those masks.

 

I'll shut up when someone shows me evidence that the commercially available face coverings actually do what they're supposed to. Until then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

 

But the masks worn in public are nothing like any of those masks.

 

I'll shut up when someone shows me evidence that the commercially available face coverings actually do what they're supposed to. Until then...

Do your own test - put on a mask then sneeze. Take off the mask and have a look.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

 

So obvious that there's virtually no science to support it.

I am quite sure you are aware of the studies on masks. Also I understand your need to parse that information to suit you.

I don't care that you don't want to wear a mask mate, really I don't. It's your choice - the only thing we do know for sure is that choice certainly has nothing to do with science as there is definitely no proof that they do nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

 

But the masks worn in public are nothing like any of those masks.

 

I'll shut up when someone shows me evidence that the commercially available face coverings actually do what they're supposed to. Until then...


The majority of the blue and white masks you see people wearing in public are the same standard masks used in hospitals. 
 

Then as risk increases so does the type of mask used ie fluid resistant. 
 

Please stop pretending you can’t understand this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The majority of the blue and white masks you see people wearing in public are the same standard masks used in hospitals.

 

They're really not. Check the packaging, it'll tell you they're not certified for medical use.

 

They're also not being used by professionals who know how to use them, nor are they being used in a controlled environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

 

This is not science.

Actually I think you underestimate what science is. That is exactly what it is. Perform an experiment, look at the results. Perform it again, record the results. Keep going until you have enough statistics to provide a competent conclusion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×