Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 817 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

 

What the fuck does a recommendation enforceable in law mean?

 

Is it law or is it a recommendation?

 

The current law/rule re wearing masks in shops is a £100 fine isn't it? Does anyone know anyone that has been fined?


There’s been a furious backlash on one of our local FB groups after a couple of people got pulled and fined for it in town. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Pistonbroke
3 hours ago, Mudface said:

in the meantime a race meeting at Goodwood is going ahead with up to 5000 people allowed to attend.

 

Ah, those Pilot events which were supposed to be taking place at Goodwood, cricket matches and the Snooker have now been cancelled mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

What the fuck does a recommendation enforceable in law mean?

 

Is it law or is it a recommendation?

 

The current law/rule re wearing masks in shops is a £100 fine isn't it? Does anyone know anyone that has been fined?

In legal terms I would compare this to the following :

 

Broken hatched markings are recommended only to be used when invited to use them (e.g. turning right) or is necessary to use them (e.g. passing parked/broken down vehicles). It is legally enfored that you do not use them in dangerous circumstances (e.g. overtaking traffic) in which case you can be prosecuted for using them when it's not safe and necessary, resulting in points/fines...

 

hatched-road-markings-right.jpg

 

Solid hatched markings must not be used except in emergencies. In the event that any use of a solid hatched marking that is not considered an emergency will result in prosecution resulting in points/fines.

 

hatched-road-markings-solid.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

 

What the fuck does a recommendation enforceable in law mean?

I presume it means you can legally punch any face not covered by a mask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

I presume it means you can legally punch any face not covered by a mask

 

Seems sensible.

 

32 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:


There’s been a furious backlash on one of our local FB groups after a couple of people got pulled and fined for it in town. 

 

Do you reckon most people are generally supportive? 

 

13 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

In legal terms I would compare this to the following :

 

Broken hatched markings are recommended only to be used when invited to use them (e.g. turning right) or is necessary to use them (e.g. passing parked/broken down vehicles). It is legally enfored that you do not use them in dangerous circumstances (e.g. overtaking traffic) in which case you can be prosecuted for using them when it's not safe and necessary, resulting in points/fines...

 

hatched-road-markings-right.jpg

 

Solid hatched markings must not be used except in emergencies. In the event that any use of a solid hatched marking that is not considered an emergency will result in prosecution resulting in points/fines.

 

hatched-road-markings-solid.jpg

 

Probably about as easy to police.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

 

Seems sensible.

 

 

Do you reckon most people are generally supportive? 

 

 

Probably about as easy to police.

Yep, I would say if you can justify not wearing a mask then you won't be fined. Otherwise you will. That's even if the police bother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Do you reckon most people are generally supportive?


Aye. The people arguing most against them are names I recognise that have spent the last couple of years crowing over “winning” the referendum and posting Diane Abbot memes instead of engaging in any real debate. Just contrary pricks basically. 
 

Been in Sainsbury’s a few times now and haven’t seen a single person without a mask, staff included. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

Just been in Costco, reckon about 90% of people had masks on. 


Is anyone challenging the other 10%

 

Compliance here is 100% although there’s a fair few with the mask under their nose. Presumably they believe that as mouth-breathers it is safe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Just been in Costco, reckon about 90% of people had masks on. 

Pretty much everyone I've seen in the shops this last week has had masks on, not just round here but anywhere we've been, save for a couple of people who were in scooters and clearly disabled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, PestiRed said:


Is anyone challenging the other 10%

 

Compliance here is 100% although there’s a fair few with the mask under their nose. Presumably they believe that as mouth-breathers it is safe

 

Same here. You also get those who use a polar neck sweater or scarf (despite it being summer) to cover their mouth and nose, then let it drop below the nose once they've gained entry into the shops. TBF I've seen quite a few of them being pulled up about it and asked to leave if they continued with this behaviour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Pretty much everyone I've seen in the shops this last week has had masks on, not just round here but anywhere we've been, save for a couple of people who were in scooters and clearly disabled. 

 

Obviously why the infection rate is plummeting.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, PestiRed said:


Is anyone challenging the other 10%

 

Compliance here is 100% although there’s a fair few with the mask under their nose. Presumably they believe that as mouth-breathers it is safe

No one challenging them that I could see, someone walked in ahead of me without one, and Costco always have people on the door to check the card, and he was just waved in without a word. 
 

Some of them obviously may have had valid reasons for not wearing one but I seen four adults together and none of them had one so you’d imagine that’s just because they don’t want to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sugar Ape said:

No one challenging them that I could see, someone walked in ahead of me without one, and Costco always have people on the door to check the card, and he was just waved in without a word. 
 

Some of them obviously may have had valid reasons for not wearing one but I seen four adults together and none of them had one so you’d imagine that’s just because they don’t want to. 


Selfish twats. Supermarkets here have additional security now but obviously it’s up to smaller shops whether they want to enforce or not. Tbh, I think supermarket workers are some of the unsung heroes recently, they’ve had to put up with a load of bad behaviour and work in risky environments for shitty wages

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's fair for shop staff to enforce masks especially as the coppers have already said they probably won't turn up to a mask incident if called. These poor folks have got enough on their plate (shop staff, not coppers).

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't think it's fair for shop staff to enforce masks especially as the coppers have already said they probably won't turn up to a mask incident if called. These poor folks have got enough on their plate (shop staff, not coppers).

 

True. I think other shoppers could also help them out by asking others to abide by the rules. Not sure about how much agro that would cause in the UK like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to town yesterday and was surprised by the face mask compliance. That was until I went to JD Sports (I was getting a voucher for my mate’s daughter who is 18 next week) and it was full of try hard scals trying to prove how hard they are without their mask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went inside a shop for the first time in about 4 months today- just the local petrol station. They supplied disposable gloves for handling the pump, there was free hand sanitiser to use on the way in, 2 metre distance signs on the floor for the queue and everyone was wearing masks. Left feeling quite happy that it was still being taken seriously.

 

Just as I started the engine back up, 4 kids aged about 15 or 16 turned up with no masks, didn't bother with the sanitiser, pushed past the woman who was queuing at the door and started wandering about inside. Selfish pricks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I went inside a shop for the first time in about 4 months today- just the local petrol station. They supplied disposable gloves for handling the pump, there was free hand sanitiser to use on the way in, 2 metre distance signs on the floor for the queue and everyone was wearing masks. Left feeling quite happy that it was still being taken seriously.

 

Just as I started the engine back up, 4 kids aged about 15 or 16 turned up with no masks, didn't bother with the sanitiser, pushed past the woman who was queuing at the door and started wandering about inside. Selfish pricks.

Disposable gloves, lube and everyone wearing masks? Sounds ace. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Disposable gloves, lube and everyone wearing masks? Sounds ace. 

To be fair, quite a few of them inside the shop, including the cashier, should have been wearing masks since birth.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well at least we have the imminent return of schools to look forward to. But of course kids don’t catch it and spread it as much as us adults. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×