You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fuck me thats wound me up. Thats the level of self-indulgence and entitlement that many of these anti-mask cunts have. Even when she is visibly upset he carries on goading her. Funny how he picked on two young girls though. I'd happily shove his phone up his fucking arse for him 

You just know he went home and wanked to that footage. 

• Upvote 2

Heh, Rico having a sudden road to Damascus moment about the Tories, does he live in one of these new lockdown areas by any chance?

I'm gonna listen to some Owen Jones podcasts today then go and meet some people from multiple households - indoors.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

They haven’t a fucking clue what they are doing have they? It’s astounding how hopeless this government’s response has been. Last night was farcical, no one had a clue what was happening.  

Not like there were national news broadcasts they could have broken it over or anything, was it? Utter shambles.

Guest Pistonbroke

I was listening to forces radio whilst cleaning my car yesterday and they played a recording of what both Johnson and Hancock had been saying. Basically saying that they will be adding further countries to the block list as figures in Europe are spiking again, that they'll be ahead of the ball in protecting the great British public and ensuring the virus doesn't spike again in the UK. Not like they had a heads up the first time around and fucked things up big style and obviously has nothing to do with deflecting tactics due to how they handled things compared to a lot of their European counterparts.  

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

I was listening to forces radio whilst cleaning my car yesterday and they played a recording of what both Johnson and Hancock had been saying. Basically saying that they will be adding further countries to the block list as figures in Europe are spiking again, that they'll be ahead of the ball in protecting the great British public and ensuring the virus doesn't spike again in the UK. Not like they had a heads up the first time around and fucked things up big style and obviously has nothing to do with deflecting tactics due to how they handled things compared to a lot of their European counterparts.  

in the meantime a race meeting at Goodwood is going ahead with up to 5000 people allowed to attend.

People will be able to claim a second furlough payment in August for July, August and September. As the furlough scheme was intended to be running until September anyway, I would imagine they are gearing up to lockdown a second time and there will be the expectation that all the people who claimed the first payment will claim the second one.

If a second lockdown does occur, any businesses that struggled during the first one will probably not survive the second one.

33 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Heh, Rico having a sudden road to Damascus moment about the Tories, does he live in one of these new lockdown areas by any chance?

I'm gonna listen to some Owen Jones podcasts today then go and meet some people from multiple households - indoors.

Not necessarily the Tories, that daft cunt in charge. Always hated him. The lockdown won’t make much difference to me.  I’m still WFH, can still go to a restaurant.  

6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Not like there were national news broadcasts they could have broken it over or anything, was it? Utter shambles.

Exactly.  I’ve no issue with being locked down. But the parameters should have already been set and understood by those briefing them.  FAQ ready and easily understood rather than made up on the fly. 

4 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

People will be able to claim a second furlough payment in August for July, August and September. As the furlough scheme was intended to be running until September anyway, I would imagine they are gearing up to lockdown a second time and there will be the expectation that all the people who claimed the first payment will claim the second one.

If a second lockdown does occur, any businesses that struggled during the first one will probably not survive the second one.

They really should have kept the original lockdown for a couple more weeks, suppress the virus to the levels seen in Scotland and then started opening up. 5000 reported infections per week and up to 15K estimated is asking for trouble.

• Upvote 1

Just now, cloggypop said:

As I’ve said, it makes no difference to me and I’m happy to do it if it’s the right thing to do.  It’s the lack of planning and shite communication that shows they’ve no idea what’s happening. 

You could give anyone a bit latitude for the first few weeks as it’s a tough situation to deal with but by now you’d hope the genius would start to show.  

7 minutes ago, Mudface said:

They really should have kept the original lockdown for a couple more weeks, suppress the virus to the levels seen in Scotland and then started opening up. 5000 reported infections per week and up to 15K estimated is asking for trouble.

To be fair, there were so many people who were of the opinion that this was dying out and that it was becoming far less of a problem. Although it was wrong to assume that it's ability to infect was reducing, it remains to be seen whether it's potency is as high as it was.

I'd like to think it's apparent from my posts that I am not one of these people but I really hope that the potency theory is correct. I'd be happy to be wrong about that.

But I 100% agree that the lockdown should have stayed in place for at least another three weeks - unfortunately events surrounding Dominic Cummings made that virtually impossible.

5 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

To be fair, there were so many people who were of the opinion that this was dying out and that it was becoming far less of a problem. Although it was wrong to assume that it's ability to infect was reducing, it remains to be seen whether it's potency is as high as it was.

I'd like to think it's apparent from my posts that I am not one of these people but I really hope that the potency theory is correct. I'd be happy to be wrong about that.

But I 100% agree that the lockdown should have stayed in place for at least another three weeks - unfortunately events surrounding Dominic Cummings made that virtually impossible.

If they’d cut him loose at that point it they’d have avoided all this shit.  Imagine what he knows. 

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Cant see it myself. There's not enough money in the pot to sustain it is there  ?

Apparently there was quite a lot of furlough money unclaimed in the first batch. Thing about money though is the banks can simply make more of it, although this would have the effect of devaluing it.

37 minutes ago, mattyq said:

They really are a gang of incompetent cunts

Fortunately, there's nothing else coming up which will have terrible consequences when handled badly

Re the Mancs... is it because they're dirty bastards famous for lackwittedness?

There’s been loads of raves, groups of kids getting together and such like.