You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko, who has resisted the coronavirus-related lockdowns imposed in most countries and suggested drinking vodka can treat the virus, said Tuesday that he has had and recovered from COVID-19.

Finally some science.

A government minister in Bosnia has died after contracting Covid-19, state television channel BHRT reported (via AFP).

Salko Bukvarevic, 53, held the cabinet post of minister for veterans’ affairs in Bosnia’s Muslim-Croat entity, one of the country’s two main administrative regions.

From the Guardian...

"it is worth pointing out that the UK death toll has also stopped falling - and is increasingly very marginally - on the seven-day rolling average measure.

The average is published on the government’s dashboard. It hit its lowest point on 20 July, when the seven-day rolling average was 62.1 deaths. But by 25 July, the most recent day for which the figure has been posted on the website, the seven-day rolling average was 65.1."

On 28/07/2020 at 14:20, Section_31 said:

More birds have deffo been eying me up since i started covering my face. Seems the cosmos has found yet another way to backheel me in the sweetbreads.

Same here.  When I mean more, I mean one.  Still, one more than usual.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

From the Guardian...

"it is worth pointing out that the UK death toll has also stopped falling - and is increasingly very marginally - on the seven-day rolling average measure.

The average is published on the government’s dashboard. It hit its lowest point on 20 July, when the seven-day rolling average was 62.1 deaths. But by 25 July, the most recent day for which the figure has been posted on the website, the seven-day rolling average was 65.1."

I wont believe it until SD posts it. 

BBC reporting how bad it is in Hong Kong with over ONE HUNDRED new cases in 24 hours!

BBC not reporting how bad it is in England with SEVEN HUNDRED new cases in 24 hours!

My sister has apparently just been to Nandos with her 2 kids (obviously my 2 nephews) and the bill came to £40.25. Except it didn't because they are apparently doing a trial run for eating in and giving 100% discounts!

116748293_10220266161822530_687156679727

Just now, Fluter in Dakota said:

My sister has apparently just been to Nandos with her 2 kids (obviously my 2 nephews) and the bill came to £40.25. Except it didn't because they are apparently doing a trial run for eating in and giving 100% discounts!

116748293_10220266161822530_687156679727

Nando's though- they'd have to be paying me to eat there.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

I believe SpyBee is in Seville right now as I remember him saying he was going there at the end of July because I was supposed to be going there today.  I'm not a daft cunt though so have stayed put.

Biggest danger would be on the plane. Cases per 100k is considerably lower in Sevilla than the UK.