You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

One of which killed over 1 million people a century ago.

Doesn't seem to induce panic in people any more though. Imagine that.

So in a hundred years we will be ok with Covid-19? Ironic that you won't need to worry about Covid-19 in the year 2119. 

Since we left hospital we've begun using Tesco click and collect due to us both cocooning since the Operation. Family go in and collect it for us. Its an excellent service. I think we're going to continue it for the forseeable future as my wife will want to minimise any risk of transmitting anything to me by going in herself once she's recovered fully. 

• Upvote 7

The usual suspects still trying to start a ruckus over mask wearing despite all polling showing the UK public is overwhelmingly in favour of it.

Don't think they’re going to get the reaction here they get in the states which is clearly what they’re going for. 

Guest Pistonbroke
36 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

The usual suspects still trying to start a ruckus over mask wearing despite all polling showing the UK public is overwhelmingly in favour of it.

Don't think they’re going to get the reaction here they get in the states which is clearly what they’re going for. 

She'll be telling everyone they have to wear a Poppy later in the year. 

16 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Went to the shops this morning and I was in a small minority of people wearing a mask.

I'm sure since they announced that masks were going to be compulsory, less people have started wearing them! Sums up the mentality of people in this country.  

Are you talking about inside or outside the shops mate?

36 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Inside. A few months ago i'd say it was about 50/50. Now its nowhere that. There is definitely a feeling that the virus is over in this country. 

Feeling > Fact?

Or

Fact > Feeling?