You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

On 15/07/2020 at 15:19, SasaS said:

I was thinking the other day, do we actually know much more than in February / March, or anything?

The only thing we are more certain of is Boris Johnson has proved himself to be a bigger cunt than we imagined. 

2 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

So that's why the government haven't been publishing recovered numbers, nobody ever recovers. PHE have been recording every death of anybody who ever had a positive test as a Covid death. Bit mad that, like.

Doesn’t sound true at all that.

• Upvote 1

They think they’ve found wiggle room, which allows ambiguity, excess deaths contradict it, so they’re clutching at straws, as always.

I bet Hancock waltzed in to the office this morning, slapped his secretaries arse, surveyed his kingdom and reflected on a job well done...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Doesn’t sound true at all that.

See shit on Facebook like this all the time. "My nan died of a sore ear but they said its covid"

It ignores the excess deaths from the ons and the fact the government look even worse with every excess covid death

12 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

There have been a lot of excess deaths, and if many of those were not actually Covid, why were there so many excess deaths?

Because health professionals have been focusing on coronavirus to the exclusion of everything else. The NHS has been an absolute shell of a health service for the past 3-4 months.

I literally know nobody who's had covid, let alone died from it. However I do know several people who have been fobbed off over cancer treatment, one of whom has sadly died.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Because health professionals have been focusing on coronavirus to the exclusion of everything else. The NHS has been an absolute shell of a health service for the past 3-4 months.

I literally know nobody who's had covid, let alone died from it. However I do know several people who have been fobbed off over cancer treatment, one of whom has sadly died.

Bingo!

50 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Bingo!

56 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yep all those hundreds of thousand of dead people in other countries are all fake COVID as well.

58 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Lucky you, I know several people who've had it and two people who've died from it, one a fit and healthy 44 year old.

Just because you don't know anyone touched by it doesn't mean it's not happening.

I also know several people who've been receiving ongoing treatment in hospital for non Covid related conditions, including two cancer patients.

56 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Between the Mrs and I we know 20 people that have had the virus ( friends, family, neighbours and ex colleagues)

and not all old farts like me.   4 of those had serious complications and of those 2 had underlying health issues.  One guy is still extremely ill with fucked lungs and unlikely to live very long . I know of two people with cancer. One has had his treatment more or less on schedule and the other has been messed about and is desperate to get more help.

It's a lottery right now for cancer patients but am in no doubt Covid was, and still is, the major threat to the vast majority of us so when cunts don't take reasonable precautions to prevent the spread they are not only putting people at risk of getting the virus they are impacting on the resources available to treat poor bastards that have other serious health problems. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Of course not, I was exaggerating to helpfully demonstrate how ridiculously stupid and gullible both you and Spy Bee are.

Hope that helps.

It helps mark you out as a hysterical crank, yes.

• Downvote 2